Butch Heffernan

Results Forum Archives

Butch Heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:09 pm

Not for the first time, an enquiry about this coach. If anyone can help with info on this guy and why he left the Next generation club Brierley Hill, I would really appreciate it. He seems to have a bit of a past both on the courts and off it.
PLEASE help if you know anything.
What is he like as a coach. Does anyone know anyone who has been coached by him???
Why did he leave the US???? etc etc etc so many questions so many rumours, very few answers!!!! HELP PLEASE
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Butch Heffernan

Postby ozzie » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:18 pm

Mate of mine...a little nomadic in the old days 25 years travelling...couldn't agree with David Lloyd on money and philosophy not the first there....has now a club near london

Coached my son and two daughters for 5 years in usa...won 3 orange bowls runner up in one....knows his stuff...very opinionated very controversial makes kids work and he thinks anyone can make it if they do the work..

Has a long track record with top pros and top juniors heard he has mellowed and now only coaches a few on tour and a good slovak, a good dutch kid and a handful of aussies from time 2 time

Mark M from IMG used him for 15 years so can't be all bad.

Like hopman,landsdorp,macci,stearns,bolletieri,van der meer has his knockers and rumour spreaders but would trust him with my life and one of 2 or 3 in the world who really know the game
ozzie

Postby bronco » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:33 pm

Heffernan got fired from Brierley Hill for his antics. Appartently, he didnt have a work visa for England so they had to get rid of him. I worked with him a few times but was too much of a nutcase for me. He definately knows alot about the game as a few top English players were working with him while at Brierley Hill. He did have a temper on him and was not afraid to speak him mind which probably got him in trouble in the past.
bronco

butch heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:12 am

Does he have a work permit now???? Down under tennis club is a private club, so don't know what regulations are in place. Maybe the immigration don't know he's working????? Wasn't there some problem with charity money from the tennis marathon too????
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

The Guy is OC!

Postby Mini Tennis Coach » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:46 pm

Mini Tennis is the future of the sport!

Every country that has had a tennis BOOM has had Mini Tennis play a major role. Swedan-Germany-Spain !! The list goes on!
Mini Tennis Coach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ozzie » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:37 am

:D forums offer freedom of speech and opinions...very good
this guy worked with my family and many like ours he is a hard man a tough man a controversial guy no doubt and does upset people,but the market says he is the top coach in the UK and has been recognised all over the world for over 20 years

good luck to the pros that work with him as they will need to be tough to take the truth and go the distance my kids love the guy,son still playing tour up and down and both daughters successful lawyers.

the brits are probably to weak to listen to this man as he is so forthright but I know the slovakian girl working with him is tough and is a winner, a former world 3 in the juniors with wins over top girls,including sharapova twice
ozzie

Postby inthestars » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:19 am

ozzie wrote::D ,son still playing tour up and down and both daughters successful lawyers.

the brits are probably to weak to listen to this man as he is so forthright but I know the slovakian girl working with him is tough and is a winner, a former world 3 in the juniors with wins over top girls,including sharapova twice

Who's your son (if you care to share that)?
inthestars
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ozzie » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:00 am

vince spadea
ozzie

butch heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:09 pm

So Ozzie, did he F and Blind at your kids, call them Pussy's at the age of 8. Fart in their faces, belch at them or leave them unattended at his club. You find that acceptable, I certainly don't for my kids!!! I have no doubt that he knows about tennis but its what goes on around the bcoaching that bothers me... Ther is just too many things. The safety of my kids is my main concern and leaving them and about 20 other 8-12 year old, with the teenagers amusing themselves elsewhere was just the most irresponsible thing. Us brits are not afraid of hard work or too soft for tough coaching, but I do expect a so-called 'PROFESSIONAL' to behave in a 'PROFESSIONAL' manner and this lunatic falls far short of that. Perhaps since coaching your kids (and its seems it was some time ago if your girls are now both lawyers) he has lost it and now is so 'up himself' he thinks he is Mr Above Reproach and untouchable. One day he'll push someone too far and it will all come out!!!
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby inthestars » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:18 pm

ozzie wrote:vince spadea

Wow.. I've always been impressed with how you support your kids. I wish I'd had a Dad like you to push me with my tennis. Good job, Mr Spadea.
inthestars
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby skipper » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:03 pm

mini-tennis coach - what's all this got to do with butch h? your post was misleading. - i mistakingly thought you were referring to him. start a new topic line if you want to be the world's coach abuse hotline pointer.
"Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all", but of course, winning is preferable.
skipper
Forum Master
Forum Master

butch heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:47 pm

Can we get back to any info on the rather strange coach!!!! Who knows his history??? Someone must have something to say!!!
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby skipper » Thu May 12, 2005 7:46 am

go to tennis.info if you want scutt about him. they seem to like to write about stuff like him on that board. even a whole string devoted to this guy.
"Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all", but of course, winning is preferable.
skipper
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby dryeagle » Thu May 12, 2005 9:40 am

skipper wrote:go to tennis.info if you want scutt about him. they seem to like to write about stuff like him on that board. even a whole string devoted to this guy.

I checked it out, there is more info on this board than that one.

Also, madfish - it seems you had a bad experience with this coach yet you're trying to find info on him. What is the story?
dryeagle
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Max Payne » Thu May 12, 2005 1:05 pm

Yeah, it seems pointless that your asking about him now when you've been to his club and don't like his style. Im not surprised, the only people that can afford his coaching fees are rich english pussies like madfish, ironically the type of people Aussies like Butch hate.
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Butch Heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Sat May 14, 2005 2:13 pm

Thanks for your comments MAX. Its the safety of children I am most concerned about, not the price charged for lessons. A persons professionalism when dealing with kids should be paramount. Adults have the choice to take the shit that comes out of his mouth or not, kids don't. I think that the vast numbers of parents removing their kids from the appauling excuse for a tennis academy mean that us brits are no pussies but responsible parents who are simply not prepared to be ripped off or place our children is a dangerous environment. Obviously you sound like a moron so you are hardly likely to understand. But thanks for your response, those who stick up for this guy convince me theres more to find out, so keep 'em coming!!!!
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby Max Payne » Sun May 15, 2005 5:18 am

You didn't answer why your gathering info about him. In an earlier post you asked if immigration knew he was working here. Jeez England is full of illegal immigrants from Albania or some other hell hole.
1 aussie guy trying to teach you pussies how to play and you object to him even being in the country.
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

butch heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Mon May 16, 2005 9:00 am

Oh dear Max, still missing the point. It's a child protection issue, AND an honesty/money issue. I don't know if you have kids, but I like to ensure if I leave them with someone, then that person is trustworthy and professional. If during the course of involvement with that person, I discover things I am unhappy with, then I research those issues to see if there is some substance to them. here is plenty of gossip and rumour, but I like to deal in FACTS before taking action. Is that acceptable to you??? (Not that I'm bothered)
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby Max Payne » Mon May 16, 2005 10:42 am

I know group coaching is cheaper than hiring a baby sitter but come on im sure other adults were around. I presume you've stopped your kid going there now so why bother asking info, or are you just damn nosy.
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby detective_mack_taylor » Mon May 16, 2005 1:45 pm

yea madfish,
you fucking uptight asshole.
detective_mack_taylor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Max Payne » Tue May 17, 2005 5:30 pm

This Madfish, im sure is a woman and her pussy is tighter than a banjo :HeadBang:
Or should I say she's old and you could drive a bus through her hole.
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

butch Heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Sat May 21, 2005 11:37 am

Maxy... Never assume anything. FACTS FACTS FACTS and I take it that you don't know jack shit about this coach, so are inFACT being most unhelpful. So butt out baby.
You obviously get some kick out of obscene comments, not typically the US way but I suppose every country has to bare its own idiots.
I do not propose to continue this communication. Bye bye.
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

butch Heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Sat May 21, 2005 11:38 am

Maxy... Never assume anything. FACTS FACTS FACTS and I take it that you don't know jack shit about this coach, so are inFACT being most unhelpful. So butt out baby.
You obviously get some kick out of obscene comments, not typically the US way but I suppose every country has to bare its own idiots.
madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

butch Heffernan

Postby madfish206 » Sat May 21, 2005 11:39 am

madfish206
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Butch Heffernan

Postby RW » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:30 am

Have noted with interest the comments being made about Butch on this site. Was compelled to register and write a note because I felt for a few of you.
FYI, I met him in Warrnambool, Australia in 1995, where he was coaching at the indoor tennis centre. I happened to be attending uni there and playing a couple of midweek comps just to keep fit, having previously played at a reasonable level as a junior.
He ended up asking me to help him out with some coaching, which I did for a short time, before realising he was full of crap.
There's no question he knows the game of tennis and can get kids to work, but he's a con man's con man and is simply using the game of tennis as a vehicle to sting peope across the globe, because it's something he knows.
The fact is that when he came to Warrnambool there had been rumours about him from America. He had countless pictures of professionals signed and dedicated to him and the like but not much in the way of substance. He didn't like talking about it unless it was with a very grand boast about who he'd coached or where he'd played etc.
To cut to the chase, my gut feeling was that while he knew the game, he was certainly more than a little dodgy.
For example, he'd done the Guiness World Record tennis marathon thing in America already once before, then suddenly left there.
When he was in Warrnambool he did it again, apparently raising money for a charity. Trouble was he had a gambling habit, debts and the issue of where the money was going reared its ugly head. Soon after he was no longer employed by the tennis centre and virtually run out of town.
Now I read that the cheeky bugger has tried it on again over in England supposedly raising money for the US Emergency Services after 9/11, because one of his friends (who he declines to name!) died in the Twin Towers disaster.
I judge a bloke on his character, and sooner or later all the chicken's are going to come home to roost for this poor bloke. You can't keep running, making and breaking good kid's dreams and ripping people off along the way before someone says "enough is enough."
Am happy to provide more info if required, but parents or prospective players beware, while he is a good coach, he's not worth the trouble. He's not worth sullying your own name or getting your kids caught up with him. There are plenty of other people around who can give you a hand without the shit.
All the best
RW
RW
RW

Butch Heffernan

Postby baseliner » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:03 am

Yes, for you kids be careful. He can be nice but he can be horrible, he will unsettle them, and spoil your upbringing. his tennis osme people believe is good, some of shich is, nevertheless, its pretty old fashioned approach. he has been convicted of fraud, he is a HEAVY gambler, hes racist, and is for ever contradicting himself on tennis issues. although he really would like to be the nicest, kindest, most honest man in the world, a lepord never changes its spots.
he will train your kids into the ground until they get completely burnt or truly injured. he will feed you bullshit, and you will never know where you stand, and he will screw you for money. beware also, you is a very good conman, he is very believable. he has not coached hlaf the players ha says he has, maybe he has spoken to them, but not coahced, and as for the slovak girl. her coach was asking advice from butch, he wasn´t coaching her. hope thats helpful
baseliner

Postby Max Payne » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:10 am

Although this bitching is interesting your damaging this guy's character. Its called libel so lets see some facts before you chumps start spouting any more bull.
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

butch heffernan

Postby baseliner » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:20 am

well, actually what has been written is all fact, so unless you have any other usefull information, why don´t you stop spouting forth?
baseliner

Postby Max Payne » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:51 am

"he will train your kids into the ground until they get completely burnt or truly injured"

Only an englishman would say that. Its the reason why british tennis is a laughing stock. Do you think Nadal stops practising because he has a blister on his hand? Or if he's got a bit of a sweat on? NO. He pushes himself to make himself the best athlete in tennis.
You only improve by pushing yourself through pain barriers mostly these are because of poor fitness that most english players seem to have. Look at Murray starts cramping on a grass court!
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby baseliner » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:22 pm

You may note there is a distinct difference between burt out, and having a blister on your hand! and as for the Englishman thing, thats a great assumption, to which you are incorrect...
baseliner

Postby frank vindaloo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:07 pm

the v. resting and molesting

butch is quite the sweetheart. once he brought me flowers on court and then kicked a kid in the crotch. needless to say i was flattered.

if the woman with the kids wants my advice i suggest soccer or a different coach (in hindsight were kids really the right choice?).

the v. from the heart

p.s. max payne it sounds like you had a bit of an affair with butch and are racist towards the english. while i agree with the latter, perhaps we can compare notes on the former?
not gay but unsure

frank v.
frank vindaloo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby protect the kids » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:01 am

This person was yesterday charged with rape in the uk

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do
protect the kids

Postby Max Payne » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:50 am

Message deleted
Last edited by Max Payne on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

leave it out max

Postby tricky nicky » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:20 pm

the victims identity is preserved by law.........you have no business proving what a clever dick you are by telling people you know who she is.........AND GIVING CLUES AWAY..........YOU FUCKING MORON.

BUTCH WILL PLEAD NOT GUILTY AND LABEL THIS GIRL A LIAR.

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY!!!! SAY IT TO THE HERTFORDSHIRE POLICE.

BUTCH IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE TRUST ME.

PS I HAVE SPOKEN TO THE POLICE AND i URGE ANYONE WITH USEFUL INFORMATION TO DO THE SAME.
tricky nicky

Postby Max Payne » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:28 pm

downundertennisclub.com taken offline
and hitt tours.com with pat cash and peter fleming were involved with butch even flembo's daughter had lessons with butch
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:25 am

That club is practically finished.

Heffernan is bad history in the UK now.

there have been a lot of people trying to get to the bottom of the butch heffernan story over the last few years and now because the police are involved and their powers of investigation, hopefully, the whole sorry saga will be revealed.

Having said that, there are also a lot of people, especially in the higher echelons of British tennis who having previously been fully aware of the Butch heffernan story, then chose to remain silent or resort to chineese whispers in an attempt to put him out of business.

HEFFERNAN WAS RECENTLY FEATURED (2006) IN A FULL COLOUR COACHING ARTICLE IN ACE MAGAZINE

ONCE AGAIN I URGE ANYONE WITH INFORMATION TO CONTACT THE HERTFORDSHIRE POLICE TO ASSIST THEM WITH THEIR ENQUIRIES.
Last edited by tricky nicky on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tricky nicky

Butch Heffernan

Postby the lone ranger » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:12 pm

It is so sad that people can hide their identities when libelling anyone else. If a thing is worth saying it is worth putting your name to (sic). We are in danger of judging someone who, under British law, is innocent until PROVEN otherwise, let the courts decide and, if he is guilty he deserves whatever he gets. If he is innocent the mud will still stick and his already sullied, according to this forum, reputation, will never recover, that is not justice.
I agree with a former contributor that if anyone has factual information it should be given to the police and not used as a piece of malicious gossip.
Can anyone prove that he did or did not coach some of the notable people mentioned.
I don't think it serves any real value to quote or use the LTA as a reference point either.
the lone ranger

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:01 pm

I respectfully remind the lone ranger of the caution attached to the general discussion thread.........anything goes.......

Funny how you seem to be concerned with libel rather than child protection.......and before you say it never mind all that innocent until proven guilty bollox..........this man deserves everything thats coming his way ESPECIALLY WHILST ON REMAND HOPEFULLY IN THE SCRUBS OR THE VILLE

I HOPE HE'S CRYING HIS EYES OUT, having his food spat into by inmates infected with TB, hepatitis and Aids.

the man is a disease and as an earlier poster suggested "one day his chickens will come home to roost"

for a start he lied to me, a few years ago asking for thousands of pounds in coaching fees up front in advance..thats what made me check him out in the first instance..........a few pounds at the companies house website proved to me it wasn't his club at that time,being neither director or shareholder, however, since obtaining british citizenship rights through marriage TO angela noghani he became a director.........OF.......THE DOWN UNDER TENNIS CLUB LIMITED WAS WHICH WAS LATER DISOLVED ON THE 27/02/2007

Butch is now a director of the DOWN UNDER CLUB LIMITED (by 4 X £1 shares)

Butch has his his critics and detractors for many years even before on the "old steve g message boards"

Maybe before you log on without your real name (something you criticise others for doing) you should do the math, some research, or even have spent a litlle time around him so you can hear the utter filth that pours out of his vulgar little mouth or maybe have a sister in law who lives in Florida and can make investigation a little easier.

you will probably feel more inclined to donate to his fighting fund though.

I reserve my right to free speech and if someone takes offence and wants to sue me for libel................GO AHEAD AND PROVE IT.

I HOPE REMAND DRIVES THIS MAN INSANE AND HE DOES EVERYONE A FAVOUR, TIES A BED SHEET ROUND HIS NECK, THE OTHER END ROUND THE RADIATOR GRILLE AND SPRINTS FOR THE DOOR......................................GAME SET AND MATCH
Last edited by tricky nicky on Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tricky nicky

heffernan

Postby physio monkey » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:23 pm

i knew butch heffernan personally, travelled with him for 5 years,,,was coahed by him, at 1st respected him...

but then the bullshit got personal (attacking not just my tennis but my personality, school work, everything) he is a monster and deserves to be where he is. i no the facts, the investigation, who, wot, wen and where, but obviously cannot say on here.
he will probs just talk his way out of it, like he always does, and then i rekon he'll run ,, or at least leave to the US or mayb Aus.

he needs to be put away but i no he wont....he'll prove the girl to be a lier and make up some bullshit, they wont be able to pin shit on him and he will go on ruining peoples lives and hope and taking all the money he can. he is a control freak. but i CANNOT deny he is a very good tennis coach...shame he is also deranged.

Max u seem to like him but have obviously not had the same experience as others,,,make sure u know the facts and look past the false shell....talk to others and take ther word for it,,,,give this guy a massivly wide berth and lets hope he gets some punishment.
physio monkey

Butch Heffernan

Postby the lone ranger » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:10 pm

Freedom of speech does not equate to saying anything you like, when you like or how you like, no matter how deranged one is. Clearly individuals on here have an axe to grind.
My point about anonimity, or those hiding behind it, is that if you have a genuine and legitimate grievance why not say who you are. Personally I don't have an axe to grind re. BH.
Of course there are child protection issues but they do not deny any individual the right to a trial, and if, as contributors claim, there is hard evidence, i.e. they know details of 'wot', (sic) supply it to the police, isn't that your duty, or as someone else once said, "Put up or shut up!"
As for wanting to infect his food and hope that whilst on remand retribution, or summary justice, is supplied, that says a lot about you and your own feelings; thankfully we still live in a society where mob rule does not apply.
If, as you say, you were duped by BH why not tell others the details so they can learn from your experience.
the lone ranger

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:53 pm

HI HO SOAPBOX AWAY
Last edited by tricky nicky on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tricky nicky

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:31 pm

If, as you say, you were duped by BH why not tell others the details so they can learn from your experience.

he didn't dupe me!

the point I am now making is this...........

you may be some smart alec semi retired architect breathing Radon gas in Cornwall, but you clearly know nothing about tennis, butch heffernan or this case otherwise you wouldn't have just popped up out of thin air on this forum seemingly defending Mr Heffernan and his rights.

all too often these days magistrates (and rightly so) are constantly erring on the side of caution in respect of the presumption of innocence..which is why BAIL is often granted, even in cases involving sexual offending.

Take for example the very recent case of the BBC ACTOR (OLDER TOFFEE NOSE TWIT TYPE ) downloading sick kiddie porn.........then telling all sorts of lies to save himself.....he was granted bail.

often when serious allegations are made against another person with little or no supporting evidence Bail is granted, allegations are investigated and often a judgement call is required by the CPS as to the likelihood of securing a conviction on a case by case basis.

however in this case there was no bail, that doesn't imply guilt, but it usually tends to indicate the possession of evidence or information that may or may not carry weight during his trial, especially bearing in mind the chronic overcrowding of prisons and the recent strike action by prison officers.

it wouldn't be proper to speculate what type of evidence is in the possesion of the CID.........but I think it must be good and I really do hope he gets locked away for more than a few months

I guess we will have to wait and see, but there are many on this forum who do not appreciate you "popping up here" out of thin air like this defending mr heffernans rights.............so please do us all a favour and fuck off.
tricky nicky

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:55 pm

bump
tricky nicky

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:55 pm

bump
tricky nicky

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:56 pm

bump
tricky nicky

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:56 pm

bump
tricky nicky

Postby tricky nicky » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:57 pm

bump
tricky nicky

Butch Heffernan

Postby the lone ranger » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:04 am

"I respectfully remind the lone ranger of the caution attached to the general discussion thread.........anything goes.......".
Or in your case you appear to be self-appointed and self-righteous individual who does not respect the rights of others to join a forum and present a point of view. You are very quick to make unfounded assumptions about me, about whom you know nothing. That said I agree that there must be some very compelling reason why BH has not been granted bail, I doubt that because of overcrowding in prisons magistrates would take the view to allow bail, either the case merits bail or it doesn't, this one, at the moment, clearly doesn't.
I am not a supporter of BH, just of the right to freedom of speech and also cogent argument, by your last comment you have asserted your freedom of speech, but it is hardly cogent, original or very articulate.
I also said that if proven guilty he deserves all that he gets.
the lone ranger

Postby Max Payne » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:43 am

"he needs to be put away but i no he wont....he'll prove the girl to be a lier and make up some bullshit, they wont be able to pin shit on him"

Police can do a DNA swab in rape cases if the girl agrees to it, so it won't be a her word against butch case.

"Max u seem to like him but have obviously not had the same experience as others"

Didn't bully me just liked to squeeze cash out of me but didn't have the balls to ask for more money got angela or a dopey receptionist to do it.
(club membership of £36 a month even though i lived miles away and used none of the facilties and went 3 times a week at the most)

Thought the place was a dump to be honest indoor floodlights that were broken so playing in poor light, freezing cold in winter no gym to speak of.

Doesn't help when he spent £30K plus on architects and consultants to get planning permission that never happened

Didn't know he married angela probably just to get a british passport, certainly didn't like her as within weeks of getting married he's looking elsewhere...
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Righteous hombre » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:37 am

I have read all the above with interest, butch has a lot to answer for as he has let not just himself down but all those who have been associated with him, including the good name of tennis.

Even if he is not guilty then he has behaved with a very cavalier attitude to child protection rules and has left himself open to all kinds of allegations of abuse. This must be a warning to all who work with children and young adults, please make sure you have the appropriate policies in place and work with your national governing bodies to ensure you get it right. It appears that butch had none of these set in place and that he left himself and his colleagues at risk. That alone is justification for his current treatment, and hopefully will allow him time to reflect on the seriousness of his misdemeanors.

If he is guilty then he deserves all that is coming to him, and, we must all wonder, how many times has this happened elsewhere in his travels. Please contact the UK police as detailed above if you have any information about other incidents.

As people have said, he is a good coach when the mood takes him, and now has let down those kids who were being coached by him, they are feeling lost and need help to get back on track. Can any one recommend some good coaches in the uk, preferable in southern england??
Righteous hombre

Next

Return to Archives