Futures player needs funding

Results Forum Archives

Futures player needs funding

Postby Ex Satie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Hey all,

Before I get into anything, I just want to announce that www.Willboe.com is up and running for 2008!! There's even a three minute 2007 highlight video!! So, take a few minutes off and enjoy that!

Since coming back from Brazil Futures in December, I've been training full-time M-F 8AM-8PM at the Hardscrabble Club in Brewster, NY. I've worked on a few aspects of my game that I found needed improvement while playing in Mexico and Brazil (i.e. attacking the second serve kick early on the backhand to prevent it from getting above my shoulder, my first serve T-bomb on the deuce and wide on the ad, and flattening out my forehand when it's shoulder height).

These things are now working well now and have taken my game to a new level! Where I used to lose games (sometime sets) to some of the top juniors at Hardscrabble, I rarely lose games now. Erik, my hitting partner who is currently 601 in the world, went to Portugal in January for three weeks of Futures so I haven't had a chance to play him in sets yet, but I'm looking forward to that to see how we stack up now.

I was just playing in my warm-up tournament in the beautiful US territory of St. Thomas in the Chrystler Cup; a USTA mens open money event where I won $750. In 2007, I lost in the semis to the #1 seed. This year I improved upon my 2007 result by cruising comfortably past the previous year's champion in the semi-finals 6-3, 6-3.

In the finals, I played the #1 seed (Michael-Ray Pallares-Gonzalez from the Dominican Republic http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/p ... umber=PB08 who is currently 1494 on the ATP ranking list). Needless to say, I was winning comfortably up 6-2, 2-1 when all of the sudden I rolled my left ankle. Despite the injury, I was pleased with my performance. I was serving big (my T-bombs on the deuce were very effective as were my second serve returns. I definitely can say my game has gone to a new level and according to the coaches at Hardscrabble, I am playing at about a 300-500 ranking level and still improving. Now, I just need to go play lots of tournaments to get those coveted ATP ranking points!

In other news, I am having a 2008 Kick-Off Fundraiser on March 29th at the Four Seasons Racquet Club in Wilton, CT from 7-10 PM (http://willboe.com/Fundraiser.html). There's no charge for admission, but please RSVP so we can have an idea of how much food and drink to supply.

Also, the 2008 version of www.Willboe.com has arrived! Tons of new pictures and videos from Brazil in the FANS section! Check it out!

Would love to hear from you all.

Hope you're all doing well!

--
--
William Boe-Wiegaard
Bates College Alumni 06'
5 Mohawk Drive
Easton, CT 06612
203-733-4496 (cell)
Ex Satie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby tennissux2007 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:47 pm

sorry, homes. you just aren't very good.
tennissux2007
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Sorry Buddy

Postby dmshamxx » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:08 am

Sorry Buddy, .. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter how you SUGARCOAT it.

I'm sure if Michael-Ray Pallares-Gonzalez from the Dominican Republic wouldn't have played such a tough Semi-Final match

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/i ... d=17620868

You would have gotten WORKED!!!

You got $750, .. how much did the winner get in that tourney?...

I'm sure a guy from the Dominican Republic needs that money a lot more than someone who paid for a Division III school and lives in Conn.
dmshamxx

Postby bkilray » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:12 pm

I have set many goals in my life.............. many I have accomplished such as drinking a twelve pack a day for an entire month and winning a medal at my fraternity's liquor olympics (bronze... my girl friend was to petite) and many I have yet to accomplish such as becoming Brittney Spears third husband. However I am putting all of it aside to concentrate on being in Boe2k's 2008 thanks for the memories video. I really think this can help me become a B celeb. I got chills watching him walk through the airport on his 2007 video and lost my mind when his plane landed in Brazil and he picked up his raquets at baggage claim. I could not hope but wish I were him at that one moment. And to here now that he is playing at the level of a top 300 ATP professional. I cant help but pick up my Prince Diablo's put "I of the Tiger" ON Youtube and swing in front of the mirror pretending I am Will Boe Wwhateverthefuck. That is my 2008 dream.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby bkilray » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 pm

oh let me clarify the liquor olympics was a date event...... My girlfriend at the time......some tara reid look alike couldnt drink shit thats why I got the bronze..... The gold medalist Justin Young ranked in the top 400 in world poker trained for months...... I had a life and a hot girlfriend thus finished third.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Re: Futures player needs funding

Postby jaman9 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Hey BetaBoy!

Don't feel offended, but I think you'll agree people are getting out of their minds now. By saying when is it coming out, people are only asking for ANY support for Symbian S60v5. We're not asking about a completed CorePlayer 2, of course we understand that would take some time.
However I hope you understand that this platform is not longer new to the market, actually it's almost 2 years old now, and still no support at all from CorePlayer.
Of course you could say that if we're not happy we can go somewhere else, but I believe that's not how your treat customers.

Many sources mentioned that ver2 should be released be the end of July. On this forum I found end of summer. Calendar summer is over now, so my question is whether the release is somewhere on the horizon? (e.g. October)? I am not asking about any exact details, just roughly say whether you're close or not.

Apartment Reviews
jaman9

Re: Futures player needs funding

Postby sameulroj25 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:19 am

I am read the article but myself is not agree with the writer because why they need funding they are the stars and hardwork persons.They makes much struggle to reached at that place.
sameulroj25
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Return to Archives