week |8| ATP: Costa do Sauipe, Memphis (+Q), Rotterdam (+Q)

Entries Archive

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:45 pm

I'm sure that Federer, Nadal, Ljubici, & Agassi will all have miraculous recoveries just in time for Dubai (& just in time for the big Middle Eastern $$$$$).

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:52 pm

Eric49 wrote:
Judio wrote:What happens when one more player pulls back? Will someone who only entered the qualies and didn't even won one match get in?
Everyone who lost in qualifying can sign-in each day for any available lucky loser spots. The list is ordered by 1) players who lost in the last round of qualifying (by rank); 2) players who lost in the previous round of qualifying (by rank).

In Los Angeles last year, Noam Okun lost in the first of three rounds of qualifying but still received a lucky loser spot due to the fact that there were a large number of late withdrawals & that a lot of the players who would have been above Okun on the list either left town or forgot to sign in.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:Nadal retired from rotterdam because he is tired/// :shocked:

He played 4 matches this year... and now he is tired!!

They should suspend him for a year... then he can rest from his 4 matches... Rotterdam almost depended on him to "save" their tournament... and now this...

He should be ashemed of himself.

Your message only proves your utter ignorance about pro sports world and how dumb you are .

When a sportman is out for 4 months his stamina , shape , competition rhythm and physical condition disappear .

There is an important part of the stamina and physical condition that only can improve thanks for the matches and not with the practises . Although in those months when the player is out he trained a lot his stamina , his physical condition won't be the 100% when he returned to the competition since as i have said , there is a part of the physical condition that only the competition can improve .

So although he hasn't played for the last 4 months , that is he hasn't fatigue beforehand , his condition is far from the 100% and that's why he finishes the matches more tired than when the player is in form .

His fatigue isn't a matter of previous fatigue since he hasn't played in the last months, but a lack of match play , lack of physical condition and rhythm and besides don't forget he has played tough matches this week.

In fact i don't expect him to reach his best physical condition/ stamina until the european claycourt season and that's why if he reaches the final at Indian Wells or Miami he will have problems to face a match at the best of 5 sets .

For sure that he's tired but also for sure that he would be able to play Rotterdam but he knows this can be harmful to his preparation of the masters series so he has decided to withdraw.

By the way i don't see you criticizing the silly excuses of Gasquet , Monfils , Federer to withdraw from Rotterdam and you only focus on Nadal , showing that behind your message there is a clear Nadal-hater .

The next time you write a message , try not to make a foof of himself again

Postby Gamass » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:53 pm

Parmar (LL) replaced Nadal in Rotterdam
Gamass
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:43 pm

Ok, I must admit that after Nadal withdrawn for the 3th time in a row from a dutch tournament, I'm not his biggest fan anymore.

The reason why i'm so pissed off Nadal, is that he retired when the tournament dropped already.

After this great tournament got so many withdrawns from every well-known player (all the populair guys who should have got the people to the stadium like) only Nadal was left there (ok, henman is still in the draw), Nadal was the guy to watch. Everywhere in Holland, it's like: "Federer, Ljubicic, Baghdatis, Safin etc won't come, but at least we've got Nadal and Sluiter."

And then, at sunday afternoon, he also decided not to play. He was facing Srichaphan, and he should have come to play Srichaphan, that should have been a match in a full stadium. And even if he didn't want to play for a whole week, then he should have lost the match, or withdrawn after 2 matches (like Sampras a few years ago in Rotterdam, he played 2 matches, people had the change to see him play and then he retired).

Nadal shouldn't complain, and should have saved this tournament.

Postby smucav » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:11 pm

Memphis:
Philippoussis OUT; lucky loser Luczak IN
smucav
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:16 am

Anonymous wrote:Ok, I must admit that after Nadal withdrawn for the 3th time in a row from a dutch tournament, I'm not his biggest fan anymore.

The reason why i'm so pissed off Nadal, is that he retired when the tournament dropped already.

After this great tournament got so many withdrawns from every well-known player (all the populair guys who should have got the people to the stadium like) only Nadal was left there (ok, henman is still in the draw), Nadal was the guy to watch. Everywhere in Holland, it's like: "Federer, Ljubicic, Baghdatis, Safin etc won't come, but at least we've got Nadal and Sluiter."

And then, at sunday afternoon, he also decided not to play. He was facing Srichaphan, and he should have come to play Srichaphan, that should have been a match in a full stadium. And even if he didn't want to play for a whole week, then he should have lost the match, or withdrawn after 2 matches (like Sampras a few years ago in Rotterdam, he played 2 matches, people had the change to see him play and then he retired).

It seems quite weird to me to go to a tournament and lose your first match to save the tournament.
If a player is not able to compete seriously through fysical reasons, he has every right to withdraw, and it's very pitty for Richard Krajicek that he is the next in a long list, but you can't blame Nadal for it.

I'm visiting the tournament friday, and i'd hoped to see Nadal play, or possibly Ljubicic or Federer. Now i hope i can see Ancic, Berdych and Sluiter coming friday.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:45 am

Anonymous wrote:Ok, I must admit that after Nadal withdrawn for the 3th time in a row from a dutch tournament, I'm not his biggest fan anymore.

I don't understand why people can write these bullsh*ts .

So you are asking for Nadal to play at least a match and to lose on purpose against Paradorn because he should save the tournament :lol: :KooKoo:

As i said in a previous message there are players with less " excuse " than Nadal that have withdrawn and i don't see you criticizing them . So please if you want to bash Nadal there are another forums on internet to talk about those topics , but this forum is to talk about the entries .

Postby Elikian » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:55 am

Anonymous wrote:Nadal shouldn't complain, and should have saved this tournament.
So, what you're basically saying is: He should risk his career because you would like to watch him play. What an idiot remark. I'm going to Rotterdam myself, and yes, I find it disappointing he won't be there. But its his life and his body. If his doctors discourage him to play, you're being really selfish to say he should because you would like to take a picture....

As for saving the event: The event is saved when players participate who actually want to win it, and not because some players want to collect their appearance fee and come to lose first match.
Elikian
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Gamass » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:33 pm

Mariano Zabaleta forfait in Costa do Sauipe

Zabaleta deixa competição e garante espanhol
20/02/2006 - 15h19

Com dores no cotovelo direito, o argentino Mariano Zabaleta abandonou nesta segunda-feira o Brasil Open. O jogador comunicou oficialmente a direção do torneio, que abriu assim a vaga para um atleta vindo do qualifying.

Quadrifinalista em 2005, Zabaleta enfrentaria o romeno Razvan Sabau na abertura da chave principal, às 16 horas. Mas com a desistência, Sabau terá de aguardar o encerramento do qualificatório e só estréia nesta terça-feira.

A saída de Zabaleta garantiu a presença do espanhol Nicolas Almagro no torneio, já que ele é o segundo melhor classificado entre os oito tenistas que disputam a última rodada do qualifying. Além dele, o espanhol Albert Portas também já assegurou a vaga, mesmo sem jogar a última do qualificatório.
Last edited by Gamass on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamass
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Gamass » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:14 pm

Navarro Pastor LL replaced Zabaleta in Costa do Sauipe
Gamass
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Shhh » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:54 pm

In Rotterdam, if the LL's lose in the first round draw, how many ranking points will they pick up? Is it 10 (5 for winning first qualifying match, and 5 for lining up in main draw)?
Shhh
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Elikian » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:39 am

Yep.
Elikian
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby smucav » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:51 pm

Memphis:
Kiefer OUT; lucky loser Rick de Voest IN
smucav