week |46| ATP: Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai

Entries Archive

Postby Patrik77 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:43 am

Here it is in text (Agassi withdrawal)

SHANGHAI, Nov 14 (Reuters) - Former world number one Andre Agassi pulled out of the season-ending Masters Cup with injury on Monday just hours after world number two Rafael Nadal quit the $4.45 million event.
American Agassi withdrew from the Shanghai finale after losing his opening group match to Russia's Nikolay Davydenko 6-4 6-2, citing an injury to his left ankle.
Earlier in the day French Open champion Nadal, who had yet to play a match, pulled out with ligament damage in his left foot.
Agassi badly sprained his ankle playing racquetball four weeks ago and was never in contention against Davydenko.
The withdrawals of Agassi and Nadal are a huge blow for organisers of the lucrative event after Andy Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt and Marat Safin all pulled out ahead of the tournament with injuries.
"There's no chance for me to be able to play again," said Agassi, who had not played a match since losing to Roger Federer in the U.S. Open final two months ago.
"It's very dangerous and risky for my future to be ready for anything in the next four or five weeks. It's still very painful and I'm scared to hurt it worse."
Agassi added: "It was a third-degree sprain. All three ligaments were torn. My ankle was swollen and I couldn't walk for 12 days. I tried to rehabilitate quickly but I came here with a very low expectation of being healthy."
Agassi will be replaced in the Gold Group by Chile's Fernando Gonzalez
Pat
Patrik77
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:12 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:dou you reall think David is going to play a challenger?

Probably not. Other players might do it (in particular in their own country) just to end the year top 10. But Nalbi is a less intense about tennis than many (better: more intense about racing and other non-tennis stuff). He might not even go to Shangai as an alternate (in which case Puerta goes).

:)

Postby Kinetix » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:03 am

Nalbi is the Masters Cup CHAMPION!!

Nalbandian d. Federer 6-7 6-7 6-2 6-1 7-6

Amazing final!
Im very happy, congratulations David!

Go Argentina :D:D
Kinetix
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Previous

Return to Archive 2004-2007