New entry system for doubles in 2006

Entries Archive

New entry system for doubles in 2006

Postby nitsansh » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:19 pm

Does anyone have the details of the new system that ATP has decided to introduce in 2006?
I understood that there will be one entry list (instead of the current 2 - one for doubles ranking only and one for singles only or one singles and one doubles) based on the better ranking, singles or doubles. But how will it work? Is it going to be advanced entry list or on-site?

Any further info will be appreciated...
nitsansh
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby smucav » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:50 pm

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2005/doubles_changes.asp
The ATP also will adopt for 2006 and 2007 an entry ranking system currently in place at ATP Challengers and Grand Slam tournaments, with acceptance based on a player’s INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking either in singles or doubles, whichever is highest.
At the challengers & 3/4 of the grand slams, the acceptances are based on the highest ranked teams at the sign-in. At Wimbledon, the acceptances (& entry list) are based on the highest ranked teams at the entry deadline. I guess we'll have to wait until the 2006 Official ATP Rulebook is released to see which method will be used. My guess is that it will be the Wimbledon method so that there will be actual doubles entry lists prior to the tournaments.
smucav
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Return to Archive 2004-2007