rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!

Results Forum Archives

rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby tasmanian tiger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:32 am

i'm watching the roddick / djokovic match, roddick has just won the 3rd set. i just want to say i'm not a fan of either of these players, as a matter of fact, these two are probably my least favorite (to be politically correct) of the top 10 players. but the AO's choice to not close the roof BEFORE the match (or really this day of tennis) started is a joke. the match before saw oncourt temperatures in the 120's (F), they just said, on court temp is 136 now! i understand being fit should be rewarded, but this is pushing it a little much, don't you think? they have weather fortcasts down under, right?????? i just don't think it is right for this match, and possibly this slam, being decided by who can handle extreem heat the best.
tasmanian tiger
Forum Master
Forum Master

Re: rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Not_Guga » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:06 pm

The actual temperature was never more than 95, so it really wasn't that bad. On-court temperature is just for sensationalizing that it is hot (It is a thermometer placed in the direct sun)... The Williams sisters even said they didn't think it was that bad.

Why should they close the roof on the main courts? The outer courts still have to play and they don't have roofs. If anything they would've pulled the juniors off the courts if it were too hot... but it wasn't even close... this tournament is a deathwish for those who maybe took off a little much during the offseason and weren't ready.
Not_Guga

Postby tonybeth » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:58 am

Whatever ridiculous happened I think we must learn something from it. Isn't it ?
tonybeth

Postby bertojhone » Thu May 06, 2010 3:56 am

I dont understand arent these players trained to get used to certain temperature before tournament?
bertojhone

Postby andremoon41 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:27 am

It is the duty of proprietors and coaches of the team to train their players to face hardships during games.
Watch Invesp Talks on WebProNews and Invesp helps you improve online revenue
andremoon41
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Return to Archives