Butch Heffernan

Results Forum Archives

Postby priore » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Maybe he isn't as great a coach as he seems i dont know,in my opinion i improved the most during my time with him. What i would like to know though is how could he have seriously coached Borg/Navratilova when they are both older than him. please correct me if im wrong but didnt borg retire when he was like 26 so surely wouldnt have sort any advice from some one years younger. One more thing butch often told me how he'd coached Justine Henin which i believed at the time. Then sometime later i was with Butch at a WTA tournament and who were we watching practise none other than henin herself. I mean i suppose it could be due to a fallout but we were in the front row and she never so much as looked at him. Slightly strange i thought.
priore

Postby tricky nicky » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:59 pm

good question.

thing is if i met you at a tournament and offered you advice about your back hand or your serve or any part of your game...weather you listened to me , took my advice or told me to f*** off...would I be able to say " I had coached priore"????????

is coaching a few minutes , hours weeks months even a few seconds, a few words?

if I shout out comon Tim at wimbledon.am I coaching the guy?

I seen heffernan at a few events and most people gave him a very wide berth...a few people have been photographed with him.but what does that even mean.

will Borg, Connors, Navratilova, Hennin or Hingis be at his trial saying what a great guy he is? in my opinion no they won't.

basically if he told 1 single lie about his past the Crown will be going after him for that to discredit his character...then he is totally fucked.

thats why I advised a guilty plea.
tricky nicky

Postby thetruth » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:42 am

i would like to know how tricky nicky is and how they know butch
thetruth
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby thetruth » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:43 am

i meant who not how
thetruth
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby tricky nicky » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:46 am

You want to know "how I am? how strange.
tricky nicky

Postby saywhat » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Understand that tricky nicky is a police officer- female- who along with her child were "asked" to leave the Down Under Club for reasons that are obvious if you have read her posts here. Mental problems. She appears to have taken it as her mission in life to attempt to stir up the pot, using her resentment of Butch as motivation to gather dirt that might be used in a case against him. It would appear that this attempt has failed to garner anything but more meaningless accusations from others who were probably "asked" to leave or otherwise dismissed for whatever reason. The biggest mistake Butch made regarding tricky was letting her in the front door in the first place. I am sure she will reply with her normal attacks but nobody should believe anything out of this disturbed female cop.

PS. Do you keep normal hours in your shop? sys
saywhat
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby tricky nicky » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:17 pm

bump

bump

bump

haha made you look!
tricky nicky

Postby thetruth » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:57 am

thanks saywhat for the reply, that all makes alot of sense.pretty scary that they hire such deranged people to be cops. But obviosly this one is pretty low in the ranks and has no life other than worrying about butch. The thing that makes butch so great is that he is so respected in the tennis world by top notch players as well as people. Butch knows trash and doesnt hold back from letting it be known. He obviously knew what this sicko was all about. I think that you just have to feel sorry for this individual and realize how pathetic and miserable they must be. Right will prevail.
thetruth
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

butch Heffernan

Postby martow » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:13 am

Can anyone give me an update on this case. Reports in Australia indicated that he was to appear in Court on 17th December however I noticed on a site that he appeared on the 7th....Report I read was fairly sketchy and mentioned that he had been granted conditional bail until April 08. Is this correct???
martow

butch Heffernan

Postby martow » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:17 am

Can anyone give me an update on this case. Reports in Australia indicated that he was to appear in Court on 17th December however I noticed on a site that he appeared on the 7th....Report I read was fairly sketchy and mentioned that he had been granted conditional bail until April 08. Is this correct???
martow

Postby markmiwurdz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:09 pm

markmiwurdz

Police Investigation Barry 'Butch' HEFFERNAN

Postby HERTSPOLICEUK » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Dear Forum members.

My name is Duncan Prior a detective based on the Child Abuse Investigation unit for Hertfordshire Constabulary, UK.

I am heading the investigation into Butch and would like to hear from any person who has genuine information on him. I would particulary like to hear from any person whom has posted articles on here with genuine concerns or from females who have been taught by him in the past.

Please contact me on :

0044 1707 355901
Duncan.Prior@Herts.Pnn.Police.UK

Any information given to me will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Many thanks.

DC Duncan PRIOR
HERTSPOLICEUK

Postby butch not guilty » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 am

look before the charges he coached me and i still go to his club even though they changed the name. i was even there wen they arrested him i was playing with jet cash (pat cashs son) hes not guilty i nothe girl shes a biach
butch trained me....
butch not guilty

Butch Heffernan

Postby tennis5555 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:55 pm

I just found out about Butch after browsing the posts. I used to work for him years ago and yes, he does have a sketchy past. Left Tampa Florida in a hurrty after getting lesson monies and not following through, not to mention, some rumoured sexual activities with some highly ranked 16 year old girls.
tennis5555

Butch Heffernan

Postby tennis5555 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Does anyone else have any more info on butch? Is he out and teaching at his club? When is trial?
tennis5555

Postby saywhat » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:41 pm

Rape charges have been dropped.
saywhat
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Trial Date

Postby tennisparent » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:03 am

Tennis coach denies sex allegations
By abena bailey

Tennis club coach Barry Heffernan, who ran The Down Under Tennis Club in Hemel Hempstead, will stand trial on rape and sexual assault allegations in October this year.

At St Albans Crown Court on Thursday, Mr Heffernan, 46, known to many as 'Butch', denied two offences of rape and six offences alleging he had sexual activity with a teenage girl.

The offences are alleged to have happened during a two year period starting when the girl was 14 years old.

Judge Michael Baker QC set the trial date for October 6.

Mr Heffernan, who lives in Wiltshire and is on bail, resigned as director of the Down Under Tennis Club, which it is now under new management and called The Langley Tennis Club.

The full article contains 128 words and appears in Hemel Gazette newspaper.Last Updated: 05 March 2008 10:59 AM
tennisparent

Postby saywhat » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:23 am

Rape charges have been dropped since this article was published.
saywhat
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby Max Payne » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:00 pm

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/New-na ... 3866613.jp

thats the latest article i've seen, anywhere online that says charges been dropped?
Max Payne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby saywhat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:09 pm

Contact the officer above. Rape charges have been dropped...
saywhat
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Charges

Postby tennisparent » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:48 am

Rape was the most serious charge ... but what about the other charges? Have they been dropped too? 'Rape' implies lack of consent and it is alleged the girl was groomed for some 2 years prior to turning 16, at which point the deed took place, so it is perhaps easy to understand why rape charges could be dropped. But where is the morality in using your charisma, power, influence, etc over an impressionable child leading them to believe they are 'special' and then entering into a physical relationship that crosses acceptable boundaries? If this is what happened then this coach should remain in exile, away from our kids, and he should face the music.
tennisparent

Postby saywhat » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:17 pm

You make alot of assumtions that may or may not be true. A "fact" is that the accuser has dropped rape charges after making them. Should we not assume that rape never happened? If the accuser is capable of charging him with one of the most criminal of actions -rape, and then for all practical purposes saying no it did not happen, then what else did not happen? If a jury finds him guilty of a crime then he will be punished. If he is innocent of any criminal wrongdoing in this matter he will still be punished. The justice system is slow but it will all end eventually and we will see where the wheel stops. If factual evidence of criminal wrongdoing is a determining factor more charges will fall away.
saywhat
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Re: Butch Heffernan

Postby amber » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:10 am

Butch Heffernan pleaded guilty to 10 counts of sexual assault on TWO girls and has been sentenced to 5 and a half years in prison.
amber

Postby saywhat » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:42 pm

GAME,SET,MATCH FOR ALL CONCERNED- WHAT A WASTE, WHAT A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS
saywhat
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby martow » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:51 am

My heart goes out to the young girls involved in this case and their families. To the Police Unit/team on this case, I raise my glass to you all on a job very well done! I doubt you will be closing the book on this case for some time yet though. Best of luck and I'll pray that others out there that may have been victims gain strength from what these two young girls have done and put their trust in you and your legal system, to keep Butch where he belongs.
martow

Postby jmarkderm » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:31 pm

This is only my experience. I am a retired satellite player from Florida and trained with Butch at the Down Under Tennis Club in Tampa day in and day out from 1990-1993. I was one of the only male tour players he coached. I was on the trip on which we warmed Navratilova up for the Hilton Head event. And yes, it was ONCE at Bolettieri's that we trained Borg indoors. Jimmy Brown and Kelly Evernden were also there.
At the "Hard Work University" as he named it, we were training the young Lindsay Lee, Stephanie Nickitas, Marissa Catlin, etc, all young attractive underage females. He did have 1 or 2 favorites but the extra attention recieved was all on court. I never saw or heard anything remotely resembling inappropriate behavior EVER, and I would have absolutely known about it. We were there from dawn till dusk. These girls were delivered and collected by their parents daily and they never went to events with Butch alone. His language was foul and crass but that was his demeanor AND reputation.
He was the best coach I have had ever hands down and showed us what needed to be done to succeed and most importantly how to train properly. He took mediocre state girls 14 players and turned them into WTA players by the age of 17. Nearly every young female he worked with played on tour for some time. So, somewhat a legend in his own mind, however, did produce some extaordinary talent. When I heard about this, I just had to provide these tidbits.
jmarkderm

Postby demco25 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:18 am

Peut-être qu'il n'est pas aussi grand entraîneur, comme il semble que je ne sais pas, à mon avis je le plus amélioré au cours de mon temps avec lui. Ce que j'aimerais savoir, c'est si comment peut-il sérieusement entraîneur Borg / Navratilova quand ils sont à la fois plus âgés que lui. S'il vous plaît corrigez-moi si fausse impression mais on n'a pas borg retirer quand il était comme si sûrement wouldnt 26 ont trier tous les conseils de quelqu'un ans de moins. One more butch chose me disait souvent comment il avait été entraîneur Justine Henin, dont je croyais à l'époque. Puis-je été un peu plus tard avec Butch lors d'un tournoi WTA et qui étions-nous regarder pratiquer aucune autre que Henin elle-même. Je veux dire, je suppose que cela pourrait être dû à une retombée mais nous avons été au premier rang, et elle n'a jamais autant que le regarda. Un peu étrange, je pensais.
demco25

Postby saivenkat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:44 am

Actually what has been written is all fact, so unless you have any other usefull information..
saivenkat

Postby halane34 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 am

La triste réalité est Butch était une classe au-dessus de 95% des entraîneurs de la Colombie-même ses exercices en groupes de 3 ou 4 ont été très bons et je n'ai pas vu d'autres entraîneurs utilisent des exercices quelque chose comme ce qu'il a fait, même si elles étaient simples. Peut-être qu'il les ont copiés d'Amérique.
halane34

Postby basudec1509 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:11 am

saivenkat wrote:Actually what has been written is all fact, so unless you have any other usefull information..

you are right dude ....

its really more information needed .... :ROFL:
basudec1509

Previous

Return to Archives