Bejing Olympics Schedule -- What Time to Watch?

Results Forum Archives

Bejing Olympics Schedule -- What Time to Watch?

Postby John Weber » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:02 am

Does anyone know what time (I live on East Coast USA Eastern time zone) the men's Olympic final will be shown on TV? (I saw on the Bejing Olympics page it was set for 16:00 on Sunday, which I assume is Bejing time.)

Really tough to figure out what time to watch compared to prior Olympics, perhaps because of all the proliferation of internet coverage, taped vs live coverage, not to mention the huge time difference...
John Weber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Bejing Olympics Schedule -- What Time to Watch?

Postby John Weber » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:18 pm

OK, I just found the information and will answer my own question. In the US, USA Network will have the womens' final live in about 2 hours (starting 2 AM Eastern time) followed by the men's final. I am excited about this because two of my very favorite players will be going for the Gold.

Go Elena!
Go Fernando!
John Weber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Bejing Olympics Schedule -- What Time to Watch?

Postby John Weber » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:08 pm

OK, 1 out of 2 today. At least in losing, Fernando has the distinction of being the only tennis player to collect a matching set of medals -- gold, silver and a bronze -- since tennis was added back as an Olympic medal sport in 1988 (A silver in singles this time, a bronze in singles and a gold in doubles back in 2004).
John Weber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Return to Archives