atp whores... nadal injury '08...

Results Forum Archives

atp whores... nadal injury '08...

Postby patma » Sat May 03, 2008 4:54 am

"The way the ATP is going, you would think that, along with North Korea, they're the two communist organizations left in the world today," McEnroe frothed. "I tried for 20 years to change things, but they wore me down. What the ATP wants is faceless and nameless players ...”

McEnroe, 1999.

Nadal’s comments are only an echo of what has been a problem for some time… years? No… decades it seems.

When Nadal had complained of the upcoming packed schedule before this Euro clay season had begun, many uneducated folk would have said: ‘simple… just don’t play 4 tournaments in a row... don’t be greedy.’ Uneducated folk might even reply: ‘Fair call.’

But Perhaps it is not as simple as that…

Or is it….?

For an aussie living in Europe, it seems to me that the European scene, the building blocks of tour tennis is being totally disrespected. What we are watching is the systematic downgrading of the clay court season. A season that displays much needed contrast in tennis.

You don’t hear Tiger Woods or Ernie Els turn around and get over-critical in the way Nadal has this year… or even Federer last year.

Here’s how simple this seasons packed Olympic year schedule seemed to me. Cut the Indian Wells and Key Biscayne tournaments down to 48 draws like the rest of the Masters series to make them last a week each… thus, we have two weeks spare not this farce we have right now… why not…? They are given the same amount of points right…!

Or… perhaps it is much easier to tell a European to ‘f*** off’ than to tell a yank the same…?

I mean, what is going on, it’s not like players really need to spend more time in the US with the dollar the way it is. It really doesn’t make much sense on so many levels that it is beyond a joke.

No No… we’ll just cram a whole amount of clay court tournaments into a short space of time in May and help to physically wreck the only yardstick we can measure Federer’s greatness by. Because, lets face it, without Nadal it’s not hard to fly like an eagle when you are surrounded by geese.

Or perhaps I have it all wrong… because I probably don’t realise that it’s harder to advertise between games that have points that sometimes last for more than 7 shots. Sorry about that, my mistake.

The ATP… bringing a more sterilised game to you.

And… people… listen… mark my words… what we will have left…

…is this…

THE BLAKE/RODDICK FLOWCHART:
Step 1: Hit the ball where they are not.
Did you win the point?
YES: Well done. Go to Step1.
NO: Go to Step 2.
Step 2: Hit the ball harder.
Did you win the point?
YES: Well done. Go to Step 1.
NO: Go to Step 3.
Step 3: Hit the ball harder.
Did you win the point?
YES: Well done. Go to Step 1.
NO: Stop the point OR hit the ball out. Point over. Lose the point. Explain to your opponent that it is highly unusual and against the spirit of the game to have a point last more than 6 shots. Go to Step 1

The ATP: disrespecting Europe, disrespecting tennis history, disrespecting its players.

The ATP: a castrated, spineless invertebrate

GLOSSARY
Clay: deep, red earth
Tennis: a popular ball sport loved the world round
ATP: dumb c*nts
Last edited by patma on Thu May 08, 2008 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
patma

Postby Cmb » Sat May 03, 2008 11:49 am

I think its time for the ITF/ATP to change the official currency to the Euro. Should put a nice dent in the tournaments being played here.

European tournament directors should refuse, I dont know what the problem is, Europe is the tennis place of the world. Tennis is not anything here in america, there is no reason the Euros should have to sacrifice the clay court season just for the Americans.
Something has to change.

Where do u live in europe?
Cmb
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby patma » Thu May 08, 2008 7:12 am

dublin man...
patma

Re: atp whores... nadal injury '08...

Postby sharoniex » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 pm

How to cure a shoulder injury sustained during gym workout? 3 weeks ago i injured my shoulder during a shoulder press workout in gym. I sustained this injury probably due to lifting a little overweight. My Left shoulder, neck and arm are in great pain, more when i am sitting or standing positions . I get some relief when I lie down. Request advice on how to overcome the pain.

Re: atp whores... nadal injury '08...

Postby Sukhwa_Young » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:02 pm

sharoniex wrote:How to cure a shoulder injury sustained during gym workout? 3 weeks ago i injured my shoulder during a shoulder press workout in gym. I sustained this injury probably due to lifting a little overweight. My Left shoulder, neck and arm are in great pain, more when i am sitting or standing positions . I get some relief when I lie down. Request advice on how to overcome the pain.

Most likely a strain... worse case a tear. If it is a strain, do the regular, Ice, heat, massage, rest, advil etc. For strains I found acupuncture helps tons... but you have to find the right guy.

If it is a tear... then you are going to have to do some PT and get it checked out by a doctor.
Sukhwa_Young

Return to Archives