Will Boe Update

Results Forum Archives

Will Boe Update

Postby Ex Satie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Dear family and friends,

Since the ankle sprain in St. Thomas I've been training with Erik (who's now 500 in the world after winning another Futures title in Canada in March!) at the Hardscrabble Club in Brewster, NY, raising funds, and looking forward to competing in more Futures this Summer and Fall!

I'm happy to report that my first Future of 2008 was successful! After getting a bye in the first round of the 90 player qualifying tournament here in Vero Beach, Florida, it looks like all the hard work since my last Future I played way back in December has paid off, as I got some very sweet revenge against the #3 seed (Matt Roberts, USA) Saturday morning with a 6-1, 7-5 win (revenge because I lost to Roberts in 3 sets in Mexico last October)!

Roberts will be ranked 600 in the world after the 12 ATP points he got from reaching the finals of last week's Future get factored into his ranking. We had some really crazy points and the crowd that gathered as word spread that an unranked player (me) was up a set and in a tight second set with the #3 seed, was pulling for me, which really helped at key moments during the match (e.g. an ace down the tee down 30-40 at 4-5 to save the set, breaking at 5 all, and holding for the match).

In the third round I played another US player, Joey Burkhardt. He beat BJ Monroe 6-4, 6-1 in the first round (BJ beat me here last year 6-2, 6-1). So beating Joey 6-3, 6-7 (4), 7-5 in a 3 hr grind fest was kind of an indirect revenge on BJ.

In the 4th round (the round to qualify for the main draw), I unfortunately, lost 6-3, 6-2 to a very talented 19 yr old Jonathan David of the US. However, he has to play the #2 seed (Todd Widom, 311 in the world) in the first round of the main draw on Wednesday, so that will be a very difficult match...but if he plays like he did against me this morning, he can win. Time will tell.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'm playing a practice match against Justin Natale (USA, 611 in the world, #1 seed in the qualifying here) in the morning and another match in the evening against Vlade Stoliarenko (1471, Greece). Then VJ and I are going to pack up the car and drive 3 hrs north to the next tournament in Orange Park.

Considering the fact that I've only played 9 days outdoors (3 days in St. Thomas on hard courts in February and 6 days here) since Brazil in the beginning of December, I'd say beating a guy ranked 600 in the world and making it to the qualifying round of a US Future is not a bad a start to 2008! I'm confident things will only get better from here (especially my first serve, which I've had a bit of trouble controlling in the wind).

Hope you're all doing well and I'd love to hear from you all.

I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion!

Best regards,

Will
Ex Satie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby tennissux2007 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:46 pm

sweet... how 'bout you drop by in SoCal and play some Opens... get a dose of reality...
tennissux2007
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby bkilray » Fri May 02, 2008 10:41 am

this guy is turning into a legend........ there are six players talking about will boe in my room right now..........im trying to tell them about the thanks for the memories video.... He took it off his site.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Another email today after 1st round qualie win over junior

Postby Ex Satie » Fri May 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Dear family and friends,

Today was another successful day in the office here in Orange Park, Florida.

I won 6-1, 6-4 against Kyle Parker (USA) in my first round of the 128 draw qualifying tournament. Kyle made it to the round of 16 at the US Clay Court Super Nationals (an 18 and under USTA tournament). He is a talented junior player with a mohawk!

So, fairly straight forward today and now I have the #5 seed tomorrow (Vahid Mirzadeh..USA..912 in the world). I beat him last July in Peoria, Illinois in a three setter, so hopefully I can do it again and make it 2-0.

Keep em' crossed for me.

Will

--
--
William Boe-Wiegaard
Bates College Alumni 06'
5 Mohawk Drive
Easton, CT 06612
203-733-4496 (cell)
www.willboe.com

"A dollar a day and I'm on my way"
"The time for greatness is always now!!"
"Respect all. Fear none." Roger Federer.
"You're not promised tomorrow...but be ready for it."
"Feed a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life." Sensei Hoffman.
"Excuses are the nails in the house of failure." Sensei Hoffman.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Einstein
Ex Satie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Cmb » Fri May 02, 2008 8:14 pm

lol why the hell is he so obsessed with rankings and seeds. Jesus christ.

I love it, Roberts will be 600 when the 12 points from last week are factored into his ranking.

lol who cares, does Boe-regard have a ranking?
Cmb
Forum Master
Forum Master

Another email still from boe

Postby Ex Satie » Sun May 04, 2008 9:38 am

No he doesnt have a ranking. No points after 26 or so tourneys. He is starting to send emails now after every round of qualies. Like anybody cares. If they did they can just go online and see the results.

Dear family and friends,

So good to hear from so many of you! Thanks for the support! It means a lot.

I'm happy to report that I've managed to win again this morning! However, it wasn't against the #5 seed (that will be tomorrow) as I mentioned in my last email update.

Today I beat Pablo Juarez (Argentina) 6-2, 6-3. Fairly straightforward.

Tomorrow will be a battle. I'm ready!

--
--
William Boe-Wiegaard
Bates College Alumni 06'
5 Mohawk Drive
Easton, CT 06612
203-733-4496 (cell)
www.willboe.com

"Feed a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life." Sensei Hoffman.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Einstein
Ex Satie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby bkilray » Sun May 04, 2008 11:15 am

heres my update. I was up 1-0 0-40........ when I thought I was going to die from heatstroke. I toughed it out losing 12 straight games. I tossed one raquet over the scoreboard and recieved a warning for profanity......then got yelled at for not wearing a shirt, during a real point. I also played a full game with a broken string....... only losing at 30.............................Thanks for all the support

A dollar a day I can buy a beer
The time for partying is always now
Respect all but fear ugly women
Your not promised tomorrow so have sex with her tonight
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Ex Satie » Sun May 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Dear family and friends,

Today was, unfortunately, not my best tennis. I lost 6-2, 6-4 against Vahid Mirzadeh, the #5 seed (813 in the world). I don't like to make excuses, but I was truly in pain throughout the entire match. My low back, for whatever reason (the long car rides, soft beds, over use...), seized up on me and I was struggling with serving, balls on the stretch, low volleys or overheads.

I'm very disappointed, because this week I had a great opportunity to qualify.

I'll be taking the next few days off to rest my back, get massages, and hopefully I'll be 100% for next weekend in Tampa.

Thanks for the support y'all! I'm sorry I couldn't get it done this week.

--
--
William Boe-Wiegaard
Bates College Alumni 06'
5 Mohawk Drive
Easton, CT 06612
203-733-4496 (cell)
www.willboe.com

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Einstein.
Ex Satie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby tennissux2007 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:43 pm

this is just f-ing pathetic. pretty soon he's gonna start blogging about the many indirect wins he has over top-10ers.
tennissux2007
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Cmb » Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm

http://www.willboe.com/Expenses.html

haha he spends 46k a year...I got u there, I made 9k last year hahah screw ur updates
Cmb
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Cmb » Sun May 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Steven Kane (USA) d. William Boe-Wiegaard (USA) 6-2 6-2

ohhhhhhhh noooooooooo
Cmb
Forum Master
Forum Master

Another email after 1st round exit

Postby Ex Satie » Tue May 13, 2008 4:16 pm

This Will Boe guy is classic. He takes like 3 days after a loss to figure out how to spin it to look like it was a success. And whats Roberts ranking? I didnt catch it the first 20 times hes mentioned it. I hope Roberts is seeing how this guy is milking the win over him. Its kind of compliment to him but I'd be pissed as hell.

Dear family and friends,
As many of you already know, I lost in the first round of qualifying in Tampa to Steven Kane (USA) 6-2, 6-2. Kane beat Jon David (the guy who beat me in the qualifying round in Vero Beach two weeks ago) and is now in the main draw. He has to play Todd Paul (USA, 769 in the world) in the first round, which will be interesting, because Todd and I have been playing against one another since we were 10 yrs old. I don't know who to root for, because on the one hand I want Kane to win the whole tournament so I can say I lost to the champ, and on the other hand I want my long time friend to win...

Anyway, these last three tournaments have been great opportunities for me to meet more players and find new places in my game that need attention. Despite my lower back seizing up on me after my win against Roberts in Vero Beach, I'm happy that in the time that I wasn't injured I was able to perform at a high enough level to get a "W" against a player like Roberts (USA, 668 in the world), because it proved to me that I'm still improving (I lost to him last Fall) and playing at a solid level. The key for me looking forward is to bring that level day in and day out...without injuring myself!

I'm going to strengthen my lower back and get ready for the seven Futures of the Midwest circuit, which will begin in Rochester, NY on June 19th and end in Milwaukee, WI on August 10th.

23 Jun / 29 Jun 08 USA F15 FUTURES - ROCHESTER, NY USA $10000
30 Jun / 06 Jul 08 USA F16 FUTURES - PITTSBURGH USA $10000
07 Jul / 13 Jul 08 USA F17 FUTURES - PEORIA, IL USA $10000
14 Jul / 20 Jul 08 USA F18 FUTURES - JOPLIN, MO USA $10000
21 Jul / 27 Jul 08 USA F19 FUTURES - GODFREY, IL USA $10000
28 Jul / 03 Aug 08 USA F20 FUTURES - DECATUR, IL USA $10000
04 Aug / 10 Aug 08 USA F21 FUTURES - MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN USA $10000

Great hearing from all of you over the past few weeks and I'm sorry if I haven't replied yet, but just know I do love hearing from each of you!

I'm going to keep working hard, as only good can come from that.

Hope to see you all on Tuesday night at Bertucci's Brick Oven Restaurant located at 833 Post Rd E, Westport, CT 06880 from 6:30-9:30 PM for food, drinks, raffle and a silent auction! Lots of great prizes and items to bid on! RSVP ASAP! $25/person.

Ciao for now,

Will
Ex Satie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Cmb » Tue May 13, 2008 7:10 pm

did I read that correctly? is he having some sort of party for him? or is it for a different cause?

Lol too funny
Cmb
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Ex Satie » Tue May 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Yeah I think some kind of fundraiser and also celebration of his "success" in florida.
Ex Satie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby bkilray » Wed May 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Dammit......since I have the Colombian mafia after me, and am stuck in Connecticut till I get a tennis job and we had pizza last night...Denovelliss's chicken cutlet pizza, me and my family fucked up. Bertucci's in Westport is only 45 min. I admire this guy he's on a mission. Look for him to get a ranking by Joplin. Look for me to get a ranking when they let me do the rankings.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby igothooked » Sun May 18, 2008 6:49 am

theres a rumor going around that recently retired kevin mcduffee is going to be taking on will bow as a student. and will bows investors couldnt be more happy and excited about this recent news. they want results and returns on their investments and kevin is just the man to make that happen. will bow will learn not only how to win, but how to get the crowd involved in everyone of his matches. if this rumor is true then willl's investors will probably come out ahead in a matter of weeks.
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Return to Archives