Mixed Doubles Etiquette

Results Forum Archives

Mixed Doubles Etiquette

Postby FulhamFan » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:12 pm

What's the proper etiquette for mixed doubles? I mean if roddick was playing mixed and he unleashed a 140 mph serve against a woman I would think he's a jerk.
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:11 am

I don't think he will be a jerk if he brings out his best. To the contrary, if he deliberately cuts down on his speed, then he is being patronizing to women. he may as well not play mixed doubles if he is going with such an attitude.

The women can handle it. If they don't, none of them really complain either because they know that men can serve faster and there is nothing they need to complain about.

The Bryans have often "unleashed" their best, at 135+ mph, in mixed doubles. And, many guys serve at 120+ which is quite a bit more than what the women are used to.

But doubles players know that such serve speeds is not such a big deal in doubles and that proper placement on serve that fits with the strategy to win the point, is what works.

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Mixed Doubles Etiquette

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:44 am

FulhamFan wrote:What's the proper etiquette for mixed doubles? I mean if roddick was playing mixed and he unleashed a 140 mph serve against a woman I would think he's a jerk.

pussy
jewish
Dave
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Return to Archives