Just thought I'd say hello

Results Forum Archives

Just thought I'd say hello

Postby shtexas » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:15 pm

I am new here and though I'd introduce myself. I am from Dallas (the city where Comcast refuses to put on the tennis channel, but that is another discussion). I have been posting on others tennis boards with the same name. I hope this board is a better experience, if you know what I mean. So many others are filled with hate and venom, like ESPN's. I have enjoyed Steve's site for a while with simple access to a wealth of information and links. I hope to enjoy the board as well.
shtexas
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby FulhamFan » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:04 pm

the ESPN site doesn't even talk about tennis. They talk about the stupid politics about capriati and the williams sisters.
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Welcome shtexas

Postby Steve G » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:31 pm

:Welcome:
--
Your Friendly Forum Administrator
Steve G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just thought I'd say hello

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:43 am

shtexas wrote:I am new here and though I'd introduce myself. I am from Dallas (the city where Comcast refuses to put on the tennis channel, but that is another discussion). I have been posting on others tennis boards with the same name. I hope this board is a better experience, if you know what I mean. So many others are filled with hate and venom, like ESPN's. I have enjoyed Steve's site for a while with simple access to a wealth of information and links. I hope to enjoy the board as well.

get cancer
jewish
Dave
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Dave

Postby shtexas » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:33 pm

oh, well. Maybe all boards are the same.
shtexas
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:07 pm

Oh no, all boards aren't. If some of the posters keep this up with bad language and useless replies, SteveG certainly reserves the right to make it all moderated ... Or some posts can even be simply deleted, which is all easy to do with the software behind this board .. But I guess we don't want draconian censorship and all that yet.

I suppose we can let all take a little bit of the nasty stuff (and in good nature, some of it is fun), but we are not going back to the days of the old board at this site, when anybody could come in as anonymous and do the "post, run and hide" routine.

I don't want to speak for SteveG and we know he has infinite patience, but I am sure there are limits to even his good nature!

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Postby UNTBOWLER » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:04 pm

Welsome SH,
Where Dallas do you reside or play out of?
Live up in Denton here. Glad to have you aboard. :cool:
UNTBOWLER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hi there...

Postby ToddAtl » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:34 am

Hi shtexas. I think this board has a lot of potential. I too enjoy Steve's site, and just joined here because that site is of such a great quality. See you around.
ToddAtl

Return to Archives