What does one say about the China Open Website..

Results Forum Archives

What does one say about the China Open Website..

Postby CrazyDiamond » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:12 am

Except....... :? :KooKoo: :?
"Shine On You Crazy Diamond"
CrazyDiamond
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Lord Lannister » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:44 am

Actually its not bad for an Asian website translated to English.

Give these guys time; Asians usually do things well once they pick up on them, just as they have in technology.
Lord Lannister
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:41 am

Not necessarily. The Chennai Open web site when it started in 97 was one of only 3 websites for events other than the grand slam and super-9 sites to have online score updates from the center court. They were so prompt with news updates and info, also. That website went from bad to worse every year and was just about the worst website on tour this past January.

The Beijing guys can do a whole lot better than they are doing. Somebody needs to care out there that the world needs to know and not just the people who know Chinese. Then it is a piece of cake. This is not rocket science that needs years of technical knowhow, really :)

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Postby skipper » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:44 pm

anyone know who's playing when really? some guys (doubles) are listed twice, but with different partners for same day then lots of cancellations - is there a monsoon out there right now? very difficult to get handle on what's going on...
"Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all", but of course, winning is preferable.
skipper
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby CrazyDiamond » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:56 am

I see Justin played doubles with Craydon and with Taylor Dent,and Glenn Weiner and Lee lost the 2nd and 3rd sets in their doubles match and still won the match. :D :KooKoo:

I guess the confusion took it's toll on Moya and Ferrero as well ;) ....Kevin Kim must be smiling big time. :lol:

Down here in South Africa we would say......"sweet my China". :lol:
CrazyDiamond
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby CrazyDiamond » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:01 am

Just rechecked the site,how does a person understand this nonsense.

Glenn Weiner and Lee are shown as winners of their match,but on tomorrows schedule the opponents they apparently beat,Heuberger and Niemenen are in the quarters.

And Jastin Gimlston :S :D is playing in two seperate doubles matches with two different partners........boy he must be earning a lot of money at this tournament. ;)
CrazyDiamond
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Fee » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:49 am

I gave up on that site early on. Hope Steve doesn't mind if I plug another board, but I have been able to get decent, somewhat timely results from menstennisforums.com, mainly because there are Chinese members on that board who have been translating the site and giving results directly from the TV coverage. The downside is that you have to put up with the chitchat posts in between scores. You can read the boards with registering, but if you want to post you have to sign up.
Fee
Forum King
Forum King

Return to Archives