Netheads

Results Forum Archives

Netheads

Postby FulhamFan » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:13 pm

Anyone that's seen an american davis cup match knows who I'm talking about. Netheads are the american superfans made to counter what australians and srichaphan has. However I heard that the Netheads are subsidized by the USTA. If that's true then its bullshit. My membership dollar is going to promote tennis, not so these guys can get free trips to watch tennis.
"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."- Albert Einstein
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Fee » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:02 pm

That's not exactly true. The USTA does give them a certain number of tickets to events, including part of their allotment for DC matches that are held overseas, but it is up to the netheads to pay for their own transportation and lodging at these events. They are given some tickets to the US Open, but if you look carefully during the matches at Ashe, you can see that they are definitely in the upper tier of seats (but not the very top).

And your USTA membership dollars are paying for trips to the Dominican Republic and other exotic locations for staff retreats and annual meetings. Don't you ever read Wortheim's columns about this?
Fee
Forum King
Forum King

Return to Archives