Tennis ELO ratings

Results Forum Archives

Tennis ELO ratings

Postby mcruic » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:21 am

I've embarked on a project of creating an ELO-based ranking for tennis. I think this might have been done before, not sure. I'm using all results of ATP tour, challenger and future tournaments from 1st January 2005 onwards, including qualifying and pre-qualifying results. Obviously, collection of results and collation into a meaningful format is the biggest time eater, but I've got all the results entered into Excel minus the qualifiers for the 2008 an 2009 futures tournaments, and I'm hoping in a few weeks I'll have got all these into the desired format too. I'm also including several non-ATP events as well - Team Championships (World and Continental), tournaments such as All-Africa Games, Asian Games, European Championship, European Small States Games, Southeast Asian Games, Indian Ocean Island Games, Central American & Caribbean Games, Islamic Solidarity Games, Pacific Games, East Asian Games, ALBA Games, Bolivarian Games, Island Games, South American Games, South Pacific Mini Games, Micronesian Games - in order to include as many global players in the ranking as possible. After this project, I'm thinking of doing it for women as well - but this might take a bit longer. If anybody happens to have the results for futures qualifying tournaments already in a handy format, it would be really helpful. :KooKoo:
mcruic

Return to Archives