venus out!

Results Forum Archives

venus out!

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:25 am

as many of you already know I absolutely hate womens tennis. As much as I hate womens tennis I dont hate it nearly as much as I hate the williams sisters. I actually tuned in and was nervous watching myskina play venus. Now that venus is out I only have to watch matches that serena is playing and hope she loses. As soon as serena is out I dont have to watch anymore womens tennis and can find better things to do.
jewish
Dave
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby UNTBOWLER » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:13 am

Dave you have your wish both sisters are out. Of course watching the ladies play is like watching a bunch of 3.5 hacks. Saw Sharapova and Suarez this morning before work and almost called in sick b/c it was so bad to watch and stomach.
Both Williams are out of course the 2 man ladies are still in Capriati and Mauresmo. :S
UNTBOWLER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

women`s tennis

Postby flow » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:13 am

you guys are absolutely right! i'm watching demetieva mauresmo right now...i'm about to get sick! i can't think of any beginner serving worse than dementieva...

it's a joke to me that eurosport shows that shitty match while coria is playing moya at the same time...
flow

Postby UNTBOWLER » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:18 am

Bring on Moya and Coria and then Henman/Chela at least then we will see some great shotmaking. Not just a bunch of moans and groans from the players and the crowd (more from being sick at watching this crap).
UNTBOWLER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

It's not ALL bad

Postby FulhamFan » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:35 am

Henin vs Capriati at the US Open last year was the best womens match i've ever seen. If you saw that you'd think there still is hope for womens tennis. What I hate is that womens tournaments are killfest until the top 8 play each other. And yet ESPN showed all those killfest above any interesting mens matches. Best match I saw all tournament was Roddick vs Mutis and that was only by virtue that Roddick was playing.
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby UNTBOWLER » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:48 am

Mauresmo has once again choked under pressure and lost to Dementieva. Basically Capriati has a cakewalk to the finals since none of the other 3 left have any GS Finals experience (Myskina, Dementieva, and Suarez).
I can see the ratings now for NBC especially if Capriati gets beat by Myskina!!
UNTBOWLER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Nathaliia » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:19 pm

I don't agree with you about the women's tennis. There are some excellent matches, like Capriati - Bovina (it was 3rd or 4th round) in great pace with more winner than unforced errors. My girls to watch are Gisela Dulko / ARG, Barbora Strycova / CZE playing often at the net and Maria Kirilenko that I discovered at last US Open. What's even nicer, my favourites like Myskina, Capriati and Suarez are into the semifinals. The player that I totally hate is Serena Williams, aka Serenator. I wonder what is the worst in her: her male strengh almost killing the women (plus 2 metres long or wide balls), her clothes, or her hysteria on the court. You know, I like when someone is cheeky, throws the racquet or swears, but I feel something opposite if someone cries or SCREAMS "yes" the way Hewitt screams "Come on".

PS. I would beat them all if I played there. :-({|=
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

How good are the women ?

Postby Mystery Man » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:20 pm

Where would the top women figure in the men's entry rankings? What evidence can anyone provide to support their answer?
Mystery Man
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Re: How good are the women ?

Postby BoughtMyPoints » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:47 pm

Mystery Man wrote:Where would the top women figure in the men's entry rankings? What evidence can anyone provide to support their answer?

Other than points gained from wild cards and playing in the weaker Futures events, I could not see any of the women winning any matches against ranked male opponents. Definitely not in a Challenger main draw. The Williams girls after all challenged the chain smoking Karsten Braasch and had their clocks cleaned.

You only have to look at the calibre of the male hitting partners for top women players. These guys are nobodies. Okay, Arantxa used to hit with Emilio after Emilio was finished.

I think the fact that women have not entered men's tournaments is answer enough. Or that women are not trying out for men's collegiate tennis.
BoughtMyPoints
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Bokworst » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:07 pm

I'm not a fan of womens tennis, but the russian girl are really fantastic! It's great 2 russian ladies are in the semi finals of roland garros. They really got chanches to come into final and win.

It's a disaster for the williams sisters, but i think they didn't earn it. They both didn't played great. In first rounds you can get through with matches like this, but in quarterfinals you'll be out of the tournament.
www.bokworsttennis.tk
All Tennis Results
Many Updates A Day

!FC Groningen!
Bokworst
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:42 am

This thread should move to the women's tennis section, right? I could move it (using the incredible moderator powers that SteveG has kindly given me!) .. Shall I?

In the furture I suppose we might move things around without much discussion to keep the place tidy so that we know where to look for what, but since we are just starting, I thought we should discuss it ...

It may be better if we moderators do not do too much meddling though, but once we do some things a few times, all of you would know what makes sense to post where, etc!

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:20 pm

OK, as nobody objected, I moved the topic to the women's tennis section. Good to know that moderator powers are working fine! :)

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Return to Archives