Best 18 Question

Results Forum Archives

Best 18 Question

Postby John Weber » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:24 pm

New poster on this Board -- great site, but I do have a timely question given the effect of the "stagger" on this week's ATP computer rankings. When, as this week, there is in effect a 10th Masters event on the 12-month list (i.e. Cincinnati from 2003 and also Cincinnati 2004), how are the best 18 results compiled for the top players? I.e., normally I know it's the 4 GS events and the 9 TMS plus best 5 of any others -- now does it become best 4 of the others or is there an extra tournament that is counted for just the one week?

Thanks in advance for the response and keep up the good work.
John Weber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:59 pm

Both are counted. That is, this week the points from Cinci last year and Cinci this year are both in the list. 10 events are automatically counted. Only 4 others for those players who had to play the Grand slams and all Masters events.

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Postby Steve G » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:35 am

Now this week (next Monday's ranking) Cincinnati will drop off and if will be replaced by a player's best 19th results (or this week's result if they are playing, whichever is higher). So Moya and Srichaphan stand to gain a lot even though they are not playing.
--
Your Friendly Forum Administrator
Steve G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Archives