more purchased wildcards?????????

Results Forum Archives

more purchased wildcards?????????

Postby tasmanian tiger » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:35 am

i was checking out the challenger draws as i do every week and noticed something peculiar in the bogota, colombia draw. two americans got wildcards (ted kelly and jonathan schneider). i have never heard of either player, so i checked out the rankings and neither player has one! this is a top challenger event with a $100k prize fund. it would probably be dificult for a columbian with no ranking to get a wildcard to the event. does anyone have any knowledge of a reason for these players to recieve a wildcard in columbia? if not, i wonder if they bought it or just agreed to smuggle some coke back to the states on their way home?
tasmanian tiger
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Normanfan222 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:38 am

Kevin McDuffee i think has bought one as well, in the lanzarote challenger. Robert Dee bought one for the Mexico City challenger i would of thought.
Normanfan222
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby bkilray » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:50 am

Johnathon Schneider had one last year at the same event so his point must of just fell off. Last year it was a 50,000 dollar tournament.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby seb » Tue May 02, 2006 7:19 am

Normanfan222 wrote:Kevin McDuffee i think has bought one as well, in the lanzarote challenger.

Kevin continue his great career in Ostrava were he also bought a wild card.
seb
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Normanfan222 » Tue May 02, 2006 8:25 am

Yeh, i just saw that, lol. I think that is the first time i have seen a really low ranked player get a WC one week from the next. :lol:
Normanfan222
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby seb » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:33 am

Kevin McDuffee bought 2 WCs more in Braunschweig and Oberstaufen. I wish I could ask him personnaly. He might have a kind of personal (familiy?) relation with IMG, as I found this about him on IMG Academy:

http://www.imgacademies.com/news/fullst ... goryID=643
"My roommate Kevin McDuffee and I are opposite in every sense of the word. He is from New York, I am from Oregon. He plays tennis, and I play soccer. He does dry cleaning and I throw my shirts under the bed when other people tell me that they smell. When Kevin moved into my bedroom 2 years ago there was no question in my mind that he was just an acquaintance. As I sat on my bunk bed I cringed as he and his mother moved his clothes into his closet and I was further horrified as he then carefully made his bed. For the next couple of months I hated Kevin more than anyone else in the world. He was exactly the kind of kid that a typical teenage boy hates: The kind of kid that goes to bed at nine o’clock and regularly brushes his teeth. The kind of kid that uses face cream and a vacuum. The kind of kid that would turn off the seventh game of the NBA finals in the last minute for a re-run of “Friends”. For most of that first year I made a concerted effort to drive Kevin out of the room. I ate his food, wore his clothes, and frequently told him that I had slept naked in his bed the night before.

However, as Kevin and I continued to live together the dynamic of the relationship changed. I began to value his efforts to make our room clean and admire his responsible schedule. I started to talk to him during the down time in the room and I found out that he was actually a pretty cool guy. Instead of renting out his rackets to irresponsible soccer teammates without his permission, I picked up an extra one and played a set of tennis with him. Instead of storming out of the room every time he changed the channel from a sports game to the “WB”, I stuck around and explored my emotional side. Kevin certainly made an effort too: he ordered obscene amounts of food at night and whenever an episode of “Friends” got too feminine he interjected with “man, Rachel is so hot” to keep me comfortable with my sexuality.

In just a few weeks into this year my affection for Kevin turned me into a much different roommate. I buy Kevin Christmas gifts sometimes before I think of my actual siblings. When Kevin goes away for tennis tournaments I genuinely miss him. My sole motivation for keeping my side of the room clean is not to avoid zero’s, but to avoid the gentle scorn of Kevin as he throws the loose articles of clothing back onto my bed. Because of Kevin I am a fan of women’s tennis, and not just of Anna Kournikova. Additionally, I now use body wash and regularly watch “Will and Grace.”

The evolution of my relationship with Kevin represents what I believe to be the most valuable part of the IMG “on campus” experience. Drawn together only by a common athletic ambition, Kevin and I have forged a relationship that has enriched me completely as a person. The coaching and facilities here are first rate, but the opportunity to live and learn from kids from completely different cultures and backgrounds completes the amazing experience that this place facilitates.

Bert Lockwood
Soccer
Student graduation speech (2002)"
seb
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby tennissux2006 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:24 am

barffff.... i'd kill my roommate if he acted like that...
tennissux2006
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby EddieV » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:32 pm

Have you seen McDuffee "got" another WC, at Oberstaufen (Ger) this week?
Amazonic
EddieV
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Nathaliia » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:39 pm

I think he must be cleaning each time after the players party for free, this is the way. Or maybe he's cleaning press offices as well, they are usually very dirty.
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby EddieV » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:40 pm

And Kevin acts like a fag (I´m not homophobic, but he acts like a woman).
And lost to Metrinak (SVK) in first round, 6/1, 6/1. :lol:
Amazonic
EddieV
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby falcontennis » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:40 pm

Kevin McDuffee is a hot up and coming player. Obviously these tournament directors know talent when they see him. I don't understand why everyone is bitter? Word around the campfire is that this is the next great american champ. I guess only time will tell
falcontennis

Postby big_serve » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:24 am

here is one for you, this kid is loaded, marcel goodman, http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/p ... layer=G987

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/a ... =100037645

parents are loaded cos the guy cant play
big_serve

Postby cogliati » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:22 am

How the hell did this Marcel Goodman purchase all those WCs on the Italian challenger circuit?? Anyone knows?? Maybe rich boy??
You have to admit this is kind of bizarre.

Anyway, nice to be back
Lorenzo
cogliati
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Nathaliia » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:47 am

Kevin Mc Duffee had a WC in Aachen and won few games from Labadze :) I think it must have been a poor performance from Labadze but good job Kevin :HeadBang:
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby falcontennis » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:51 pm

I followed the Mcduffee Labadze match live on the web and Kevin had his chances to win taht match. Unfortunatly he sprained his ankle trying to hit a tweener on break point. But Kevin never quit and played the 2nd match on one leg!!!! it was the most corageous thing i have ever seen and Kevin is the talk of the atp!!! : :cool:

"Do or do not there is no try"-Yoda
falcontennis

Postby donmcvay » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:10 pm

can anybody tell me how trent aaron got one in louisville challenger? that guy's an absolute hack.
donmcvay
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby bkilray » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:03 pm

I'm pretty sure his family owns the state of Kentucky. I also heard a couple of years ago the going price for the kentucky challenger was 8 grand. Either way I think its great.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby tasmanian tiger » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:37 am

ok, kevin mcduffie................ no age info on the atp site, but played his first pro match in 2002. played a little less than 10 events total and got direct acceptance into one futures and qualified for another (quali draw wasnt available so i couldn't see if he actually beat anyone). other than those 2 events, he got wildcards into the rest, some challengers and some futures. most of his wildcards came in europe. he has yet to win a set in any main draw and he loses most in lopsided fassion. hmmmmmmmmm........ maybe he's buddies with donald young :Boxing:
tasmanian tiger
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby anttik » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:22 am

Here is link to Kevin McDuffee (born; 12.3.1984) tournament activities

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/a ... =100005153

So he has won 5 future quali matches until now!!
anttik
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby falcontennis » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:24 pm

Guy's i am telling you i have seen Mcduffee play. He is a mixture of Santoro, Pioline and Krickstein. He is known for playing his matches in belly shirts and old school agassi jean shorts. He most likely gets these wild cards because he packs the house with his antics on court. If he gets a wildcard into Melbourne make sure you watch him..this guy is a character!!!!

:HeadBang:
falcontennis

Postby LeoPerrotta » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:37 pm

Want to read more about purchased WC's? Check out the main draw of this' week Buenos Challenger and you'll find Luka Belic who is ranked #1086 and got a WC to a $75,000 + H Challenger.
LeoPerrotta
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby tennissux2006 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:52 pm

does anybody think that a lot of these wildcards are given pursuant to an interorganization exchange program? we'll give your guy a wc if you give our guy one in return? that's likely for people from certain countries where low-ranked players are the top players in the country.
tennissux2006
Forum Master
Forum Master

McDuffee

Postby TeddyD415 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Listen you pathetic bastards, leave the kid alone. If you want to run your mouths why don't you get your butts on the court and try and qualify - until then ZIP IT. I saw Kevin play a match in Mexico and I think the kid has a lot of potential. He is a confidence player and its tough to gain confidence when your injured and struggling to play your best.

I would disagree with the comment FalconTennis made about Kevin's style of game. he is more like a combination of Jaime Yzaga, Thomas Muster, and Marcelo Rios. I bet McDuffee starts playing much better after he takes a break at the end of the year.
TeddyD415

Postby donmcvay » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:14 pm

that's the whole POINT YOU FUCKING IMBECILE: he's NOT qualifying; he's getting wildcards. thomas muster, jaime yzaga, marcelo rios.... you mean he's coked out?! you just described people who have completely different games.
donmcvay
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

This one goes out to donmcvay

Postby TeddyD415 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:19 am

Hey bud, it appears that you know tennis as well as my unborn children. Since you are unaware, Muster, Rios, and Yzaga were all grinding baseliners that lacked a big serve, but you of course would know that if you would stop watching "The View" and watch a men's tennis match. But please feel free to continue making stupid comments on this blog - it makes me smile!

:cool:
TeddyD415

Postby donmcvay » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:20 pm

you probably smile a lot, retard. most clay courters don't have a big serve, so what other things do muster (Lefty one-handed BH), rios (lefty two-handed BH) and Yzaga (righty one-handed backhand) have in comon, genius?! put your fucking helmet on when you walk outside. you wouldn't want to damage your brain een more.
donmcvay
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby igothooked » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:06 pm

Kevin McDuffee is a god...and I can't wait to see who he draws 1st round in Australia.
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby tasmanian tiger » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:07 pm

in australia????????? austrailia futures #9 you mean??????????
tasmanian tiger
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby igothooked » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:04 pm

One of the reasons Kevin McDuffee is getting all these wildcards is because he puts the asses in the seats. He becomes a crowd favorite instantly, no matter what country he's in. The crowd loves him and he sells tickets, and that is the bottom line. When he hits a winner, he does a little irish jig. When he hits a big overhead, he breaks out in his own version of Mr. Roboto. One time while he was playing Jamie Yzaga he hit a let during the point, and instead of apologizing, he ran over to the net post and humped it. Kevin is bringing this sport back into popularity, and all you losers who complain about why he gets all these wildcards can kiss his ass!!!!! :P :P
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby donmcvay » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:05 am

he gets WCs at futures and challengers b/c he "puts asses in the seats"? are you listening to yourself?
donmcvay
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby igothooked » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:07 pm

I read in an old issue of Tennis Week, that Kevin used to pick a lady out of the crowd at the end of his matches and make out with her until she passed out. He would gently place her down on the court then walk off. Ball boys and umpires would be fanning her with towels until she came to. He called it a "rude awakening", and the crowd loved it. That's why, guys.......that's why! :HeadBang:
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby tasmanian tiger » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:27 am

i think maybe, u r just his gay lover.
tasmanian tiger
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby TeddyD415 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:22 am

I agree with igothooked. I saw Kevin play earlier this year in Grenoble. I have never seen anybody with his personality and passion. Kevin won a long baseline rally and then did the Crane move from Karate Kid while screaming "Bonzai". I think sometimes his tennis suffers because he thinks of himself as more of an entertainer, he is like a young Nastase. I woudn't mind putting the crane on donmcvay, that loudmouth bastard! :o
TeddyD415

Postby donmcvay » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:45 pm

whatever dick-for. igothooked created a 2d identity to support his own arguments. loser.
donmcvay
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby igothooked » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:17 pm

wow, another angry guy at the world, because hes not getting laid. i agree with teddy, he knows what the deal is.
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby falcontennis » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:59 pm

stop using your tubesock dom and go out and buy a women. thats what kevin would do!!!! :KooKoo:
falcontennis

McDuffee v Goodman

Postby AlphabetSoup » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:50 pm

I would like to see Kevin McDuffee, aka Duffer Madness, play Marcel Goodman in a tennis match....then i would like to see them square off in the Octagon cage in an ultimate fighting battle...hire some hotties to wash the boys down after each changeover/ :cool: round and go from there...A PayPerView blockbuster if you ask me.
AlphabetSoup

Postby falcontennis » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:41 pm

the Duff would kill marcel goodman. That guy is a ham and egger. Kevin could beat him and his dick at the same time!!!!! 8-[
falcontennis

Postby bkilray » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:51 pm

Wow this is amazing this kevin mcduffee guy puts fans in the seats hah. Well I am sure someone on this board is either he or knows him, maybe even his college roommate. Well none the less he sounds ridiculous so I like him. Someone tell this guy that I and another player have rented a condo in costa rica for the americas circuit in jan and feb and he is welcome to join us. Prostitution is legal there and beer is cheep. Well Mcduffee you can have my room I'll be out all night anyway.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby zicofirol » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:27 pm

Are you going to play all the central american futures?
zicofirol
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby igothooked » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:27 am

is it true about kiray and mcduffy playing a charity event in boca?
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ovg » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:26 am

A guy as hot as Kilray has to resort to paying for sex?
Say it isn't so.
ovg
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby igothooked » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:21 pm

kilray- this guy dom is really jealous of kevins success in this sport and cant handle it. what do you do when people are jealous of your cult following?
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Duff

Postby AlphabetSoup » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:43 pm

McDuffee is training w the LTA in London this week...my friend is a coach in Barcelona and he says hes coming to train with some of the guys at the academy....hes going to be ready in 07
AlphabetSoup

Postby donmcvay » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:48 pm

oh for fux sake!!!
donmcvay
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby bkilray » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:39 pm

No the playing the whole americas circuit would be crazy for me to play............. I am not that good. I always wanted to go to panama so maybe i'll play there and definatly costa rica. But i WANT MCDUFFEE. God no knock on him but anything he can do to put fans in the seats I can do times ten. Break five raquets, I'll break ten on consecutive points. Hook up with the ball boys mom........ I'll screw his mom, sister, aunt , and grandmother. (and pay for it) Does anyone know if Brad sherwood is ever going to make a comeback? Thats one guy I could travel with again, and maybe mcduffee.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby zicofirol » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:21 am

[quote="bkilray"]No the playing the whole americas circuit would be crazy for me to play........../quote]

I was talking about central america only, I think only 4 countries have futures, panama, El salvador, costa rica and Guatemala, not sure about Honduras or nicaragua, anyway since they are all close together and the tournaments usually dont have high ranked future players....
zicofirol
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby bkilray » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:43 pm

no but there are two weeks inbetween guatemala and costa rico so we will party then play costa rica then panama.
bkilray
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby igothooked » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:08 am

i want kilray to coach me with the chicks. now i keep on hearing that all you need is a good personality...and i have one. i mean, i kind of look like petr korda with a drinking problem, but that doesnt matter right because i have a great personality, and that is the only thing women care about.....right? kilray....teach me the way. :D
igothooked
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby falcontennis » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:09 pm

I doubt Kevin Mcduffee will go to central america. He will probably be in thailand since that is the time the Kumate is taking place. Either way its about time to get a new american to be the talk of the circuit!
falcontennis

Next

Return to Archives