how much I hate espn

Results Forum Archives

Postby FulhamFan » Sat May 29, 2004 6:44 pm

the venus and serena matches were on NBC. But it was royaly stupid to put on capriati when safin was on live in the 5th set. They could of at least shown the true match of the day which was Kuerten vs Federer. They claim they get higher ratings when they play americans. I think the ratings come from real tennis fans that tune in to see a good match combined with the casual fan that just watch roddick or the williams sister. If they keep this up they will alienate the real fans and the ratings will be even lower. they've already alienated me.

I read some article saying that need to "build stories" of foreign players so the fans know them. Just show the freaking players.
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Nathaliia » Sun May 30, 2004 1:09 pm

You can move to Poland, we have Eurosport showing mainly ladies tennis, but also man's tournaments + AO, FO and US Open,
Polsat Sport showing Masters Series and some other men's events
ARD + ZDF (German TV) showing some events, but mainly with German players, the same DSF (eg. I don't have DSF at my cable TV but used to have)
And the national Polish TV shows J&S Cup (ladies) from Warsaw and Idea Prokom Open (ladies and gentlemen) from Sopot
/ greetz Natalia :)
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Legión Argentina » Sun May 30, 2004 2:48 pm

in Argentina we have ESPN AND ESPN 2, with coverauge about latin players.
maybe others channels tyc sports (ATP BUENOS AIRES AND COPA DAVIS)
AMERICA (GRAND SLAM)
King of clay
Legión Argentina
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby FulhamFan » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:43 pm

On a normal day you watch espn and you see so many sports talk and so many marginal sports like drag racing or x-games that you wonder why they put cut off a match to show stuff like that. I remember when espn was my favorite tennis channel around 99-00. They actually showed all the masters series event from the 1st round to the finals. They usually showed one match per day but was something. I really wonder sometimes why golf and NASCAR get network coverage every freaking weekend while the second most popular sport in the world barely gets grand slam coverage on cable.
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Return to Archives