the journeymen

Results Forum Archives

the journeymen

Postby skipper » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:27 pm

anywone else see the journeymen video? i can't believe what a stupid a**hole keil was in the film. i hope he didn't expect anyone to empathize with his self-induced losing plight - i guess this film is hopefully going to discourage kids from boozing / partying it up on tour rather than emulate him - and hopefully he's more disciplined as a coach than a pro player
"Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all", but of course, winning is preferable.
skipper
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby inthestars » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:13 pm

I haven't seen it. It looks good though based on the tiny clips I found on the internet.

Last I heard, Mark Keil was having some personal issues again and got fired from a coaching job. Geoff Grant said that he was bagging groceries and coaching in Southern CA.
inthestars
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby skipper » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:07 pm

that's too bad about him-especially given the talent he had. at the end of the film it said keil enrolled in AA and was doing okay---although his wife had divorced him (no surprise there based on video....). If he had gotten his head straight he really could've imparted some important been there-done that knowlege to college guys wanting to go pro- at least open their eyes a bit. I hope his buddy Geoff is faring better.
"Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all", but of course, winning is preferable.
skipper
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Fee » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:45 pm

Geoff does commentary for the Tennis Channel. I hear from him every once in a while and I think he's doing okay. He sent me the DVD and I think its a valuable film for every avid tennis fan to see.
Fee
Forum King
Forum King

I met Mark...

Postby Big G » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:54 pm

in Phoenix about 3 years ago. I have one of the original copies of his movie. He is a good guy. He did get a little crazy in some of the clubs in Scottsdale. He was coaching at Indiana but got fired before he ever got started! I think it was because he was in some bar room brawl!

War Sargis Sargsian!!!!!!!!!!!
Big G

Return to Archives