Wimbledon Plus

Results Forum Archives

Wimbledon Plus

Postby FulhamFan » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:26 am

http://video.wimbledon.org/index.sps?pageid=80&psect=1#

Does anybody have this service? If you do tell me if it's worth it and if they play live matches. With the advent of broadband I think the grand slams can do this and if there's a large number of american subscribers it sends a clear message that ESPN isn't doing they're job.
"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."- Albert Einstein
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Wimbledon Plus

Postby Mystery Man » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:39 am

I have access to Wimbledon Plus. But I do not have to pay to subscribe to it, since I use BT broadband for my access to the Internet. I have been using it over the last couple of days. It only offers a small number of complete matches, say three or four, and these are not live. At least there have not been any live matches shown yet. The complete matches on offer change each day.

There are also interviews with players and highlights of other matches, together with news of each today's events. I presume it would only last for the duration of Wimbledon itself.

There is also Radio Wimbledon, which has been discussed elsewhere in this forum.

Frankly, I doubt if it is worth subscribing to, if you have to pay money.
Mystery Man
Mystery Man
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby FulhamFan » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:12 pm

thanks. It's only $5 so it sounds like the service fits the price. I plan on getting the broadband for $15 for the rest of euro2004. If you even watch a match at a bar or pub you have to pay $20. Setenta owns the rights for the usa and are being ridicoulous.
"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."- Albert Einstein
FulhamFan
Forum Master
Forum Master

Return to Archives