13. Fleishman, Zack USA 291
14. Odesnik, Wayne USA 300
15. Levy, Harel ISR 301
16. Gonzalez, Pablo COL 311

17. Rettenmaier, Travis USA 314
18. Bloomfield, Richard GBR 318

19.# Melo, Marcelo BRA 325
20. Nunez, Eric USA 335
Last edited by ToniX on Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ToniX
Forum Master
Forum Master

Postby Nathaliia » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:46 am

My boss from the tourney's office has just called me and I hope I'm not sharing the top secret, WC go to Matkowski :HeadBang: / Fyrstenberg :HeadBang: / Kubot . The fourth WC is about to go to Younes El Aynaoui. They were talking to Monfils before but even though he'd love to come (heh no doubts about it) – he has already set some exhibition matches (sponsor's demanding if I'm correct). The other problem is Paul Henri Mathieu who's ranked 45 and is on the list (they didn't mention Chela who's 50th hehe I didn't help them to get out of this mistake). It all still may change, that's what I've been told.
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Patrik77 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:46 am

Thanks Nathaliia for keeping us updated! Think it´s a good choice to give Fyrstenberg and Matkowski WC to the singles, they have proved that they are pretty good singles players as well, great tournament they had in Sopot and now recently they qualified for a challenger! At the same time maybe it´s more fair to give the WC to Chadaj and Przysieszny so they get that extra chance to gain some important points to bring them closer to the top. What do you think?
Pat
Patrik77
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Nathaliia » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:20 am

Yeah, they say they want to be more concetrated on singles matches, for sure Sopot gave them the build up and the ATP with the fear of changing rules in doubles. Now when they have the experience in games against high-ranked players and the biggest tournaments, they may be really successful in challengers (and not only). I am not familiar neither with Kubot, nor Chadaj and Przysiezny (even though they are all from my region and all play for club in Wroclaw). In my opinion, Chadaj is the nicest of those and he also has made a huge improvement comparing to the last year. Still, he's only 21. Przysiezny is being worried by new and new injuries. Besides, he doesn't have head to tennis. I love his game style with smooth one-handed backhand, good serve and good volley, perhaps he's the most talented player in Poland now, but when I see him at the disco at 5 a.m. trying to move to the bar, I am sure he won't make any career. Kubot got a WC because he's got the highest rank and the support of Mr Wojtek Fibak (the best Polish player in the history). Can you believe, when Fyrstenberg was playing a horror against Moya and was 5 cm close to a victory, Fibak clapped only 2 or 3 times - when Moya served for the match. Kubot has some more potential than he is showing, but he needs a better coach or maybe just the one who'd tell him "stop going to the net 24/7 cause you're getting passed once from left side, another time from the right side and stop playing goddamn dropshots". Or who would teach Lukasz how to play these elements. Instead, he's got Mr Tomas Janda who keeps shouting "Yeah Lukasz, go to the net, you're doing great!" when he's losing something like 2/6 1/5 to Volandri (I don't remember that score). Personally, I would give a 3rd WC to del Potro or Acasuso :) And between the Poles - to Chadaj.
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Patrik77 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:27 am

Now we know what is going on in Polish tennis! Thanks N :) :HeadBang:
Pat
Patrik77
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Nathaliia » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:47 am

And what's up with Swedish tennis? Ryderstedt still suffering of wrist injury? Are you guys playing any DC soon? Who is going to participate - T. Johansson, Soderling and... Vinciguerra maybe?
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Patrik77 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:22 pm

Well Swedish tennis is not the best at the moment, only two guys had direct entry into the US Open etc. We have a lot of hope in Pim Pim and Söderling, Pim Pim is injured until middle of next year and Söderling is injured all the time, still playing though! Björkman, Enqvist and Johansson are the older generation on their way down though Johansson is playing pretty well, I think he´s one of the more underestimated players on tour. Under the "top" we have Ryderstedt, Prpic and Adaktusson but as you see they have pretty difficult to "break through"!

We´re going to play DC against India on grass in three weeks time! The team will probably be Johansson, Söderling, Björkman and Aspelin, Vinciguerra hasn´t played that much and is not a grass court player. One more injury on any of the guys and it will be pretty tough....
Pat
Patrik77
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Nathaliia » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:17 pm

WC's confirmed: "Matka" / "Frytka" / Kubot / El Aynaoui

Q WC's: Przysiezny / Panfil / Olejniczak / Urban / Vinciguerra

Mathieu and Chela seems to be out. Good luck Sweden against India :HeadBang: and Belgium against USA 8) (geez... poor Xavier... I believed till the end he could win vs Agassi) and of course, Argentina against Slovakia :D :D :D :D :D
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Nathaliia » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:04 am

missing list - who's the queen? :D

Banja Luka
1. Pashanski, Boris SCG 133
2. Greul, Simon GER 135
3. Karanusic, Roko CRO 140
4. Mazarakis, Vasilis GRE 153
5. Aldi, Francesco ITA 156
6. Van Gemerden, Melle NED 164
7. Tuksar, Sasa CRO 166
8. Faurel, Jean-Christophe FRA 183
9. Summerer, Tobias GER 198
10. Bolelli, Simone ITA 199
11. Darcis, Steve BEL 202
12. Lopez, Marc ESP 207
13. Ionita, Victor ROM 217
14. Tenconi, Tomas ITA 222
15. van Scheppingen, Dennis NED 226
16. Azzaro, Leonardo ITA 247
17. Roitman, Sergio ARG 235
18. Masson, Jeroen BEL 237
19. Moraru, Gabriel ROM 239
20. Op der Heijde, Melvyn NED 240
21. Schukin, Yuri RUS 241
22. Herm-Zahlava, Jakub GER 245

no withdrawals from any event yet
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Andrew_Derer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:34 am

Hey does Jay or anyone know if Andrew Derer is in the Entry list for Quallies for any of those challengers because hes not in the Australia Futures that week which is surprising so im thinking he still might be in Europe that time playing a Challenger Quallie ( and losing Q2 Q3 of coarse ) anyone thanks :)
Andrew_Derer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ssdd

Postby xywq » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:10 pm

Banja Luka

WC MD Aldin Šetkić
WC QD Siniša Marković
xywq

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:38 am

Thanks Tonix and Nathalia for posting the lists in my absence (traveling in Europe till the end of nexty week) .. Internet and time difficulties

I changed the Czczecin list. Some 3-4 names were different (possibly because ATP had a revised rank list a day later on the 30th) ..

Added the two missing ALT lists ..

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Postby Nathaliia » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:41 pm

Starace seems to be out of Szczecin cause he's on the DC list (the one I saw today). After Sanguinetti's appearance at the USO he may be taken to the DC as well. That's what I think.
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Alex71 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:07 am

Nathaliia wrote:Starace seems to be out of Szczecin cause he's on the DC list (the one I saw today). After Sanguinetti's appearance at the USO he may be taken to the DC as well. That's what I think.

You think well, now also Filippo Volandri (italian number one) has been REMOVED from DC team from italian federation, and we are going to play against Nadal, Ferrero, Ferrer e F. Lopez ........
Alex71
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Nathaliia » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:38 am

Alex71 wrote:
Nathaliia wrote:Starace seems to be out of Szczecin cause he's on the DC list (the one I saw today). After Sanguinetti's appearance at the USO he may be taken to the DC as well. That's what I think.

You think well, now also Filippo Volandri (italian number one) has been REMOVED from DC team from italian federation, and we are going to play against Nadal, Ferrero, Ferrer e F. Lopez ........

don't worry, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your guys ;) remember that Filippo lost to our Kubot in DC so maybe it's better they replaced him? BTW - Davide Sanguinetti isn't likely to play DC? That's strange! Especially after what he showed in US! He defeated Moya though! I hope to have a chance to interview Davide in Szczecin (currently i'm making the list of questions YAY!)
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Alex71 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:56 am

Nathaliia wrote:
Alex71 wrote:

don't worry, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your guys ;) remember that Filippo lost to our Kubot in DC so maybe it's better they replaced him? BTW - Davide Sanguinetti isn't likely to play DC? That's strange! Especially after what he showed in US! He defeated Moya though! I hope to have a chance to interview Davide in Szczecin (currently i'm making the list of questions YAY!)

Great surprise Davide's results at US also for Italians, you can ask Davide (called Dado) if he would like to play again in DC, i doubt that he answers yes, especially in clay surfaces; you can also ask him until he plays inasmuch as he is 33 years old, i task that will get "angry" with you why still considers a "child"
Alex71
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Nathaliia » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:27 am

He's 33 and I'm feeling old with my 19, heh ;). I was swearing at the entry list at first, but when I started to prepare informations about players, few of them strongly inspired me and surprisingly to myself it was especially Andreas Vinciguerra, who I never ehh... (bad points for me) liked. At this moment I have half of a notebook card of questions to him (written in line!!!) and I'd be really mad if I wouldn't be able to have the exclusive interview with this person (like he loses on Q Saturday or that second girl takes my topic b'cause she'll be there from Saturday...).

Dado is the another inspiring person. His coach is (or was?) Claudio Pistolesi. Does he practise with Anna Pistolesi sometimes? ;) He's playing for so long. What's the difference in matches against Sampras / Edberg / Courier / Pioline and now Safin / Srichaphan / Moya / Nalbandian? Then I could touch the topic of that famous match. Many people who know only few names from the strict top were astonished other players can give such a show. And what does he think about it. And if he doesn't feel a bit underappreciated, he has defeated many good players in his career. His unexpected successes came at the age of 30, when in the row he won Milan (def. Ferrero), Wrocław challenger (yessss! I saw him!) and reached SF in Copenhagen. Since then he did get some good results but it wasn't “this”. Doesn't he feel he missed something, because the second breakthrough moment for Agassi was winning Roland Garros at the age of 29. (Then I have the DC matters because I guessed it's about his age as well) And he studied Economy in the USA, where he played for university league (being one of the best there anyways), but now he's so long into tennis, so after finishing his career does he think of being still strongly connected to tennis, or maybe he's likely to come back to Economy?
I'm so scared of upcoming week... so everybody keep your fingers crossed not for any player but for me!
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby PatatRiek » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:31 am

missing Jay :Dejected:

little update for Banja Luka :
I think Darcis will have to pull out (selected for Davis Cup)
Masson is doubtfull (bronchite), he'll decide on friday if he'll play or not

regards
PatatRiek
regards,
PatatRiek

BELGIAN TENNIS
PatatRiek
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Alex71 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

"....Dado is the another inspiring person. His coach is (or was?) Claudio Pistolesi. Does he practise with Anna Pistolesi sometimes?....."

I think Claudio Pistolesi has had an important role in the last Dado's results, especially in mental approach to the match.
For gossip Claudio and Anna are separated now, in fact she retuned to call herself only Smashnova
Alex71
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Nathaliia » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:44 pm

Nathaliia wrote:I started to prepare informations about players, few of them strongly inspired me and surprisingly to myself it was especially Andreas Vinciguerra, who I never ehh... (bad points for me) liked. At this moment I have half of a notebook card of questions to him (written in line!!!) and I'd be really mad if I wouldn't be able to have the exclusive interview with this person (like he loses on Q Saturday or that second girl takes my topic b'cause she'll be there from Saturday...).

Vinci for DC heh... that's what I thought.

PS. It's sad to know Claudio Pistolesi and Anna don't get on well these days :(
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby pdiddy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:29 pm

Updates

Banja Luka
OUT - Darcis, Ionita, Lopez
IN - Beck, Eitzinger, Eschauer
NEXT - Cuadrado, Wauters

Lubbock
OUT - Fish, Kendrick, Kimmich
IN - Mamiit, Russell, Gallardo Vallez, Hartfield
NEXT - Cakl, Gremelmayr, Joseph

Szczecin
OUT - Almagro
IN - Labadze
NEXT - Calatrava, Ramirez Hidalgo
pdiddy

Postby Fee » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:49 pm

Hmmm, intriguing updates you have provided us. Can you be trusted, visiting guest using another man's name? I know Kendrick is week to week with his injury, but Fish was supposed to be eager to get to work and improve his ranking, etc, etc.
Fee
Forum King
Forum King

Postby pdiddy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:05 am

Hey, just trying to help out. I guess you'll just have to trust me ;)
The proof will be in the drawsheets I suppose...

Anyways, if you can take it, here are the latest withdrawals:

Szezcin
No Changes

Banja Luka
OUT - Van Scheppingen
IN - Cuadrado

Lubbock
OUT - Bacanello
IN - Cakl

ps. How do I contact the forum admin to fix my account?
pdiddy

Postby PatatRiek » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:52 am

thanks for the updates pdiddy, i have faith in you ;)

regards
PatatRiek
regards,
PatatRiek

BELGIAN TENNIS
PatatRiek
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Fee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:47 am

Word up pdiddy, just double checking since we've been misled once or twice in the past. Thanks for the info.

Email Steve directly if you are having problems with the board. His email address is steve@stevegtennis.com. :D
Fee
Forum King
Forum King

Postby pdiddy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:12 pm

Thanks for showing some faith. The p. thanks you. Hopefully Jay will be back soon. Where is BelgiumDude these days?

OK get ready for some changes. It's not even Friday afternoon yet...

Banja Luka
OUT - Tenconi, Cuadrado, Thomann, Lorenzi
IN - Wauters, Cipolla
NEXT - Mirnegg, Gremelmayr, Bozoljac

Lubbock
OUT - Baker, Mamiit, Gallardo, Healey, Gremelmayr, Mylnarik, Chen, Mertl, Odesnik
IN - Joseph, Fleischmann, Levy
NEXT - P. Gonzalez, Nunez, Kralert

Szezecin - No Changes
pdiddy

Postby Fee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:35 pm

Woohoo for Zack Fleishman! (do not draw Jan-Mike).
Fee
Forum King
Forum King

Postby Nathaliia » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:41 pm

pdiddy wrote:Where is BelgiumDude these days?

Good question. I really hope nothing bad has happened to him :roll:

BTW thanks for the updates, I'll be especially looking to hear about Szczecin withdrawals (we want Kubot to make it go somehow from the ALT list and then the WC would go 100% for Chela ;) )
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby R. Jayakrishnan » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:29 am

Banja Luka (2 SE spots to be cleared)
OUT - Darcis, Ionita, Lopez, Tenconi, vanScheppingen (and Cuadrado, Thomann, Lorenzi, Montcourt, Granollers-Pujol from ALT)
IN - Beck, Eitzinger, Eschauer, Wauters, Cipolla
NEXT - Mirnegg, Gremelmayr, Bozoljac, Mertl, Blanco, Zelenay, Ungur, Petzschner

Lubbock (Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Baccanello, Baker, Fish, Kendrick (and Mamiit, Kimmich, Gallardo-Valles, Healey, Gremelmayr, Mylnarik, Chen, Mertl, Odesnik, Rettenmaier, Bloomfield, Melo, Sorensen, Petrazzuolo ftom ALT)
IN: Russell, Hartfield, Cakl, Joseph, Fleischmann, Levy
NEXT: P.Gonzalez, Nunez, Kralert, Crivoi, Widom, Jenkins, Tecau, Evans

Szczecin (2 SE spots to be cleared)
OUT: Almagro (and Guzman from ALT)
IN: Labadze
NEXT: Calatrava, Ramirez-Hidalgo, Daniel, Brzezicki, Navarro-Pastor, Gicquel, Luzzi, Gabashvili

I may not be able to give any more updates today, as I am traveling ...

Jay
R. Jayakrishnan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:53 am

Whoses wild card in the three draws ?

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:41 am

Anonymous wrote:Whoses wild card in the three draws ?

Sopot:
L. Kubot (POL)
Y. El Aynaoui (MAR)
M. Fyrstenberg (POL)
M. Matkowski (POL)

Banja Luka: I don't know :HeadBang:

Lubbock: I don't know :HeadBang:

:Help: :NoSpam: rules: :-({|=

Postby Alex71 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:02 am

I'm sorry for your interview nathaliia, but i know that Dado doesn't come in Szczecin, he rests himself for Palermo.
Alex71
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Nathaliia » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:31 am

Hahaha, it's OK. I know everybody is scared of me. ;) :HeadBang:
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Nathaliia » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:40 am

oh i've just been called chela plays instead. i dunno how it's possible but i guess they wouldn't lie to me.
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Patrik77 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:50 am

Here are the links where ATP will post the draws:

Qualifying: (9PM local time friday)

Banja Luka Q - http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/1607/QS.pdf
Lubbock Q - http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/2275/QS.pdf
Szczecin Q - http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/448/QS.pdf

Main draw singles:

Banja Luka - http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/1607/MDS.pdf (SUN 7PM)
Lubbock - http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/2275/MDS.pdf (SUN 9AM)
Szczecin - http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/448/MDS.pdf (SUN 4PM)
Pat
Patrik77
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby pdiddy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:24 am

Movement in the European lists

Banja Luka
OUT - Summerer, Tuksar, Beck, Mertl, Ungur, Petzchner, Adaktusson, Cerovic, Uebel, Marrero
IN - Mirnegg, Bozoljac, Zelenay, J. Minar, Cruciat
NEXT - J.F. Andersen, Kralert, Crivoi

Szczecin
OUT - A. Costa, Mantilla, Sanguinetti, Starace, Tabara, Ulihrach
IN - Calatrava, Ramirez-Hidalgo, Daniel, Brzezicki, Navarro-Pastor, Gabashvili, Kubot
NEXT - Luczak, Berrer, Snobel, Chadaj
pdiddy

Postby diddy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:53 pm

Final Update (from me anyway). Come back Jay. You too BelgiumDude.

Banka Luka
OUT - Mirnegg, Zelenay, Cruciat
IN - J.F. Andersen, Maracaccio, Fognini

Szczecin
OUT - D. Sanchez, Brzezicki, Gabashvili
IN - Luczak, Snobel, Chadaj

Lubbock
OUT - J.P. Fruttero
IN - P. Gonzalez
diddy
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

Postby Patrik77 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:03 pm

Thanks Diddy :)
Pat
Patrik77
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Postby Nathaliia » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:05 pm

i wouldn't call it any other way but paranoia. few minutes ago i got informed Chadaj won't play at all and Brzezicki is coming for 100%.

why everyone to who i have the best questions must withdraw grrrrrrr :x

but thank you diddy :)
so sick of love songs.
Nathaliia
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby EMiLY » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:59 am

anyone know why almagro pulled out of szczecin? (hope i've spelled it right...have huge probs with that word)
~ please visit my ATP site www.geocities.com/atp_chica ~
EMiLY
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Return to Archive 2004-2007