Several of the WTA’s top stars as scheduled to begin their 2015 season at the ASB Classic in Auckland, including top seed Caroline Wozniacki, Venus Williams, Sloane Stephens and Sara Errani.
Along with the top stars, the entire lineup was announced on Tuesday afternoon, and will include five Top 30 players and two former world No. 1s. Two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova will also be featured in the draw.
“To have a top 10 player in Caroline, a legend in Venus and a further three others in top 30 is a pretty incredible effort considering the competition,” tournament director Karl Budge said.
The full list of seeded players is available below:
1. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark – 8)
2. Sara Errani (Italy – 14)
3. Venus Williams (USA – 18)
4. Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova (Czeck Republic – 25)
5. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia – 27)
6. Sloane Stephens (USA – 36)
7. Coco Vandeweghe (USA – 39)
8. Mona Barthel (German – 42)
The ASB Classic takes place between Jan 5-10, 2015.