Following a compelling fortnight at the Wimbledon Championships, much has changed in the landscape of women’s tennis, including the rankings for many of the competitors inside the Top 20. While Serena Williams leads the pack as world No. 1, her position is far less stable after failing to go past the third round at SW19. Only 3440 points separate her from Li Na in second place.
While the Top 3 in the rankings remained the same, Petra Kvitova lifted herself to No. 4 with his title win over Eugenie Bouchard, who also broke into the Top 10 at No. 7. Lucie Safarova and Ekaterina Makarova moved into the Top 20, while Sabine Lisicki and Sloane Stephens dropped out of it.
Here are the updated rankings for the week of July 7:
1. Williams, Serena (USA) 9510
2. Li, Na (CHN) 6960
3. Halep, Simona (ROM) 6785
4. Kvitova, Petra (CZE) 6070
5. Radwanska, Agnieszka (POL) 5330
6. Sharapova, Maria (RUS) 4881
7. Bouchard, Eugenie(CAN) 4460
8. Kerber, Angelique (GER) 4365
9. Jankovic, Jelena (SER) 3900
10. Azarenka, Victoria (BLR) 3812
11. Ivanovic, Ana (SER) 3660
12. Cibulkova, Dominika (SLO) 3636
13. Pennetta, Flavia (ITA) 3168
14. Errani, Sara (ITA) 3125
15. Wozniacki, Caroline (DEN) 2825
16. Suarez Navarro, Carla (ESP) 2695
17. Safarova, Lucie (CZE) 2675
18. Stosur, Samantha (AUS) 2415
19. Makarova, Ekaterina (RUD) 2380
20. Petkovic, Andrea (GER) 2350
Join the Stevegtennis.com tennis club for free. Just enter your email below for...
- Tennis news updates once a week.
- Special offers on tennis gear.
- Unsubscribe at any time.
- We will never share your email.