Following an fascinating fortnight at the Wimbledon Championships, the landscape of the Emirates ATP Rankings has changed significantly. Atop the list is the familiar name of Novak Djokovic, who defeated Roger Federer in the final to usurp the the No. 1 spot from Spain’s Rafael Nadal. The Spaniard, who won the French Open less than a month before, has been relegated to second place but with less than 500 points separating him from his Serbian adversary.
After suffering through an early exit last season at SW19, 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer worked his way through the draw once again to reach the Wimbledon final, where he lost a thrilling five-set encounter to Djokovic. The match was not only an instant classic, it served the purpose of moving Federer back into the spot of Swiss No. 1 and world No. 3.
Youngsters Milos Raonic and Grigor Dimitrov cemented themselves as members of the Top 10 with their semi-final showings at the Wimbledon Championships. Raonic moved to No. 6, while Dimitrov is at No. 9, ahead of British No. 1 Andy Murray (10).
Here are the updated rankings for the week of July 7:
1. Djokovic, Novak (SRB) 13,130
2. Nadal, Rafael (ESP) 12,670
3. Federer, Roger (SUI) 6,100
4. Wawrinka, Stan (SUI) 5,770
5. Berdych, Tomas (CZE) 4,410
6. Raonic, Milos (CAN) 3,920
7. Ferrer, David (ESP) 3,875
8. Del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG) 3,360
9. Dimitrov, Grigor (BUL) 3,270
10. Murray, Andy (GBR) 3,040
11. Nishikori, Kei (JPN) 2,780
12. Isner, John (USA) 2,735
13. Gulbis, Ernests (LAT) 2,680
14. Gasquet, Richard (FRA) 2,370
15. Fognini, Fabio (ITA) 2,235
16. Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) 1,910
17. Anderson, Kevin (RSA) 1,835
18. Robredo, Tommy (ESP) 1,720
19. Dolgopolov, Alexandr (UKR) 1,680
20. Cilic, Marin (CRO) 1,665
21. Monfils, Gael (FRA) 1,660
22. Youzhny, Mikhail (RUS) 1,655
23. Bautista Agut, Roberto (ESP) 1,625
24. Lopez, Feliciano (ESP) 1,545
25. Haas, Tommy (GER) 1,475
Join the Stevegtennis.com tennis club for free. Just enter your email below for...
- Tennis news updates once a week.
- Special offers on tennis gear.
- Unsubscribe at any time.
- We will never share your email.