Top Half of the Top Draw:
- Potential 2nd round: Novak Djokovic vs. Ryan Harrison, while Djokovic will probably win this one, it will be great to see what Harrison will do in an attempt to defeat the world number 1.
- Potential 4th round: Novak Djokovic vs. Juan Monaco
- Potential 3rd round: Nicolas Almagro vs. Richard Gasquet
- Potential 4th round: Tomas Berdych vs. Nicolas Almagro
- Quarter-Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Tomas Berdych. This one is really tough to predict since we really can’t gauge how either is playing on grass at the moment. Berdych has defeated Djokovic at Wimbledon in the past, and only time will tell if the tables can turn.
Bottom Half of the Top Draw:
- Projected 3rd round: Gilles Simon vs. Fernando Verdasco
- Projected 4th round: Roger Federer vs. Gilles Simon, These 2 have a 2-2 head to head record, but all of their matches played have been on hard court. But, this one shouldn’t be a walk in the park for Federer, Simon is bound to give him some trouble.
- Projected 3rd round: John Isner vs. Andreas Seppi
- Projected 3rd round: Janko Tipsarevic vs. Mikhail Youzhny
- Projected 4th round: John Isner vs. Janko Tipsarevic, Both of these guys have tough 3rd rounds, the victor of this 4th round match might just come down to who is the fitter one at the moment.
- Quarter-Final: Roger Federer vs. John Isner.
This may finally be Isner’s chance to shine, he faces some tough opponents, but they’re very winnable matches at the same time. All he needs is to continue the belief that he has in himself. And, he could very well find himself in the semi-finals.
First round match-ups to watch: Novak Djokovic vs. Juan Carlos Ferrero, Stepanek vs. Stakhovsky, Berych vs. Gulbis, Seppi vs. Istomin, Youzhny vs. Donald Young.
Top Half of the Bottom Draw
- Potential 3rd round: David Ferrer vs. Andy Roddick.
- Potential 4th round: David Ferrer vs. Juan Martin Del Potro, Things definitely did not come easy for Delpo at Wimbledon this year as he is faced with the tough task of David Ferrer in the 4th round. Let’s not forget about the knee injury that plagued him in his match with Federer at the French. If that affects him against Ferrer, it will be very tough to win.
- Potential 2nd round: Milos Raonic vs. Sam Querrey, Both have had some great grass court showings this season, so both should be on their toes for this match. It’s anybody’s to take.
- Potential 3rd round: Marin Cilic vs. Milos Raonic, Cilic won their last meeting on clay in two sets, but I have a feeling that on grass this match-up will be much tougher. Each have fairly similar playing styles, and are both tall. It should be a great match-up for both guys.
- Potential 3rd round: Andy Murray vs. Kevin Anderson
- Potential 4th round: Andy Murray vs. Marin Cilic, Murray will have the advantage coming into this match with a 5-1 record. But, Murray has been struggling as of late, so Cilic does have the potential to take this one. This match most likely will be put on Centre Court.
- Quarter-Final: Andy Murray vs. David Ferrer.
Bottom Half of the Bottom Draw
- Projected 3rd round: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Stanislas Wawrinka
- Projected 3rd round: Mardy Fish vs. Bernard Tomic
- Projected 4th round: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Mardy Fish
- Projected 2nd round: Feliciano Lopez vs. Brian Baker, The American Qualifier couldn’t have asked for a more sound draw. It may seem tough, but Baker truly does have the belief that could win him the match.
- Projected 3rd round: Feliciano Lopez vs. Alexandr Dolgopolov
- Projected 4th round: Rafael Nadal vs. Feliciano Lopez
- Quarter-Final: Rafael Nadal vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
1st round match-ups to watch: Anderson vs. Dimitrov, Delpo vs. Robin Haase, Tsonga vs. Hewitt, Tomic vs. David Goffin, Ebden vs. Paire, Dolgopolov vs. Bogomolov jr, Kohlschreiber vs. Tommy Haas, Nadal vs. Bellucci
Join the Stevegtennis.com tennis club for free. Just enter your email below for...
- Tennis news updates once a week.
- Special offers on tennis gear.
- Unsubscribe at any time.
- We will never share your email.