- Projected 4th round: Novak Djokovic vs. Fernando Verdasco.
- Projected 4th round: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Gilles Simon. Both men have experienced an up and down year, so this will be a chance for either of them to capitalize on some success. Plus, it will be an all French match, something the crowd will be looking forward to.
- Projected Quarter-Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. These two have a 5-5 head to head record. Yet, in their most recent match in Rome which was also a quarter-final, Djokovic won in two sets. If Tsonga wants to win he will need to fix mistakes made within a few weeks.
- One’s to watch: 1st round match between Gilles Simon and Ryan Harrison, the young gun has shown great skill on court against some unsuspecting top men. And, a 1st round match-up with Victor Trocki and Thomaz Bellucci.
Bottom Half Of The Top Draw
- Potential 3rd round: Roger Federer vs. Andy Roddick. While Roddick hasn’t been playing well recently, he always has something to prove when he goes up against Federer. Roddick will play his best, and will have the chance to at least make the match competitive.
- Potential 3rd round: Roger Federer vs. Feliciano Lopez.
- Potential 3rd round: Juan Martin Del Potro vs. Marin Cilic. These two have faced each other many times, and they have similar style of playing, not to mention they are the same height. All these characteristics cause an all out battle whenever they face each other on court. This match will definitely be one to watch!
- 4th Round: Tomas Berdych vs. Juan Martin Del Potro. Both possess a decent number of wins this clay court season. It will be a tough one for each player, and hard to determine who will ultimately come out on top.
- Projected Quarter-Final: Roger Federer vs. Juan Martin Del Potro.
- One to watch: 2nd round match-up between Roger Federer and David Nalbandian.
- Project Semi-Final: Novak Djokovic v. Roger Federer.
Top Half of the Bottom Draw
- Projected 4th round: David Ferrer vs. John Isner.
- Projected 3rd round: Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. Richard Gasquet.
- Project 3rd round: Andy Murray vs. Bernard Tomic
- There is a lot of opportunity in this section due to the seeding being so close in the case of Dolgopolov and Gasquet. As well as the recent struggles that Murray has faced. But, if the seedings do work out we could see a 4th round clash between Murray and Dolgopolov.
- Projected Quarter-Final: Andy Murray vs. David Ferrer.
- One’s to watch : 1st round match-up between 2 Ukranians Alexandr Dolgopolov and Sergiy Stakhovsky. And another 1st round match-up between up and comers Donald Young and Grigor Dimitrov.
Bottom Half of the Bottom Draw
- Potential 3rd round: Nicolas Almagro vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber.
- Potential 4th round: Janko Tipsarevic and Nicolas Almagro. Tipsarevic did have a great week on the blue clay in Madrid, but you can never count out a Spaniard when he’s playing on clay. This one will be interesting to watch.
- Potential 3rd round: Juan Monaco vs. Milos Raonic.
- Potential 4th round:Rafael Nadal vs. Juan Monaco
- Quarter-Final: Rafael Nadal vs. Janko Tipsarevic. Rafael Nadal seemed to once again get very lucky with his draw, none of the guys in his section seem to be huge threats. The draw will give Rafa the rest the he will need as there’s a potential match up between Nadal and David Ferrer in the Semi-Final.
- One’s to watch: 1st round match-up between Janko Tipsarevic and Sam Querrey. 1st round match-up featuring Philipp Kohlschreiber and Matthew Ebden.